Chapter Five

Mr. Henry had me perform lots of tests, all to "test my control over my Ki." Bullshit. He just wanted to see if I was good for any sports.

After a while, he told me, "Okay! That's great work, Miss. Hokusai! Now, for your final test, I'd like you to fire one, just one, Ki blast at that target. But I want you to make it was large and as powerful as you can. Don't worry about destroying the walls or anything like that. This gym is indestructible! It was built to withstand a nuclear blast, and then some!"

I raised an eyebrow at him. Indestructible? Ha! I guess that means he's never met a Saiyan before! This oughta be fun! Then I sighed internally. Alas, I can't make it too big, or I'll end up wiping this whole town off the face of the Earth!

Mr. Henry nodded. I shrugged and stood where he told he to. It was rather close. 

"Can I step back?" I asked him.

He gave me a look then said, "Are you sure? If you go back too much farther, your blast won't make it."

I chuckled. "I'm sure." 

"Um, then feel free."

I smirked. "Thanks."

I stepped back, and with each step, Mr. Henry's eyes widened.

My back finally hit the other wall.

"Okay, I'm ready!" I called.

"Ummm...." Mr. Henry said.

I smirked again and held up my right arm. Since I couldn't do any special attacks, I decided on being fancy. I made a handgun and pointed my finger at the center of the target.

"Bang," I said, firing a simple blast.

It hit the target, blowing the whole thing up. It even left a dent about the size of my fist in the wall, My smirk changed into a huge smile. Gohan had taught me that one.

I looked back over at Mr. Henry. His jaw was hanging open, and his eyes were huge. I suppressed a laugh. I always loved it when normal people saw how much more powerful we were than them.

"So did I pass?" I asked, acting as if I was scared I hadn't.

"Ahhh, uhhhh, ummm," was all Mr. Henry could get out.

"Did I?" I asked.

He seemed to recover, though not fully, but he managed to say, "Yes, I, uh, do b-believe you p-passed."

"Yay!" I cheered, jumping  up and down in mock happiness.

"Yes, well, um... How about I bring in the captains of the sports teams?"

I stopped jumping and shrugged. "Okay," I replied. I knew it. 

Suddenly the doors to the gym flew open and a middle-age, bald man came running in.

"What was that?!" He exclaimed.

"That," Mr. Henry said, gesturing to me, "Was our new student, Rosamoona Hokusai. Miss. Hokusai, this is Mr. Clarkington, our Athletic Director here at W.A.S.H.S."

"Nice to meet you." I said.

Anger and recognition flitted across his face. I stood there confused. I'd never met this man before. At least I'm pretty sure I hadn't.

I reached out with my Ki and felt for his. It was there, but it wasn't. It didn't feel right... It felt copied. But it also felt familiar.

I gasped, understanding spreading across my face. "Mr. Clarkington" smirked at me, his eyes beginning to turn red.