Chapter Two

Mom and Dad stayed on the phone with 18 for hours. I blocked it out, though. I was still really tired. Just as I was about to pass out, Videl came over. I looked up at with heavy eyelids. She held out her hand.

"Here, take this." She had told me.

I looked at her, then at her open hand. It took me a sec to realize that I was looking at a Senzu Bean. I took it and popped it into my mouth. Instantly, I felt much better.

"Thanks," I told her. She offered me a small smile, then walked back over to Gohan. He had Gaea in his arms, and was bouncing her to get her to stop crying. Videl held out her arms, and Gohan passed Gaea over. Then he kissed Videl and went over to Mom and Dad.

I remember Goten staying by my side for the rest of our stay in England. Mom, Dad, Gohan, and Videl would question me every once and awhile, but for the most part they acted as though my encounter with Baby never happened. And I was grateful for that.

                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Over the next few years, we tracked Baby from place to place. We ended up in Brazil for two years. The next three years we spent around the world. For eighteen months we lost track of Baby in the United States. Then, for six months, he led us towards the East Coast. Finally, three years ago, he brought us here to small town Waynesboro.

It's not too bad, though. I'm actually just glad that we've been in one place for as long as we have been. At first, we didn't know what Baby was spending so much time here, and now we're pretty sure it's cause this is Baby's "HQ". Why, exactly, he picked this small town, I didn't know...

                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEEEEEEEP!!!! BEEEEEEEP!!!! BEEEEEEEP!!!! BEEEEEEP!!!!!

I groaned and pulled a pillow over my head.

BEEEEEEEP!!!! BEEEEEEEP!!!! BEEEEEEEP!!!! BEEEEEEP!!!!!

I could still hear it. I groaned again, and sat up. I read the time on the screeching alarm clock. Five a.m. Thanks a bunch Dad.

I lifted my hand and shot a Ki blast at it. I smiled when it blew up. Whoops.

Satisfied, I layed back down, falling into a light slumber.

About five minutes later, I heard feet on the stairs. Then the wood floor in my room creaked. 

"Rosa?" Videl asked me softly. "Rosa, are you awake?" She started to shake me. I groaned and swatted my arm at nothing.

"FivemoreminutesVidel," I mumbled, rolling over. 

She sighed but got up. I heard her going down the stairs. 

I sighed with relief, rolled back over, and quickly fell back to sleep. Suddenly, I felt hands around my waist. My eyes snapped open, revealing Dad, floating above me.

"Don't you dare!" I growled. He chuckled, and my bedroom was replaced with the early morning sky. 

"Don't!" I screamed, but he already let me got.

Before I could even think of flying, I landed in the cold waters of our in-ground pool. I came up, coughing and sputtering.

Dad and Gohan were laughing like crazy. 

"Bastards!" I yelled at both of them.

Dad wiped the tears from his face and looked down at me. I knew what was coming next. The whole, 'I'm sorry, it was just a joke.'  Well, I'll tell you a secret. I wasn't listening to it today.