Chapter Ten

"Are you coming?" I ask Trunks, unable to keep the smile off my face.

Smiling back at me, Trunks takes off his shirt and starts towards me when the screaming starts.

I instantly tense as my head whips towards the source. I sigh with relief when I find that it's only some chick who's one friend was splashing her, while the other was tickling her. I hear Trunks sigh behind me.

Turning around to look at him, I can tell that he had thought it was Baby as well.

"Well, that just adds to the excitement," he states, walking up to me.

I nod. "Yeah. But I think this morning was enough. I don't need anymore."

It's Trunks' turn to nod. "Agreed."

"Hey! Are you two coming?!" Bulla shouted at us.

"Yeah," Trunks calls back, not taking his eyes off me. A small blush creeps onto my face. I look away, trying to hide it.

"Um, would you mind if I brought some one here real quick?" I ask, thinking about Mar.

"No, not at all," he answers. 

"Thanks," I say, disappearing and reappearing next to Mar. Even though it was close to midnight here in West City, I wasn't surprised to see her still up.

"Hey. What are you doing here?" Mar asked. "Shouldn't you be in school? And why are you wearing a bikini?"

"Long story short, school was cancelled and I'm at the pool," I say. "And I know no one. I'd like for you to come."

"Are you kidding? I haven't been swimming in forever. Of course I want to come!" She cried, jumping off her bed and running to her closet. "By the way, who gave you the bikini? I think it looks awesome on you."

"Bulla," I answer, pausing before I add, "Vegeta and Bulma's daughter."

"What?! As in Vegeta and Bulma that we were just talking about?!" She demanded, turning around.

I nod. "Yeah. I met them today. Along with Trunks. You know, the kid your dad was talking about?"

"Yeah, I remember. Jeeze, what a coincidence. Us talking about them and then you meeting them... So, is Vegeta your uncle?"

I chuckle. "Far from it. He's just a friend of my dad. Well, they used to be friends..." I shake my head. "I don't know. Dad says they friends, but Vegeta doesn't seem like it."

Mar shrugs. "Oh well. Now, which should I wear? The pink bikini, or the sexy white one-piece?" She asks, holding up two different bathing suits.

"I don't know... I guess the pink. I think pink looks better on you."

Mar nods, excited. "That's what I was thinking! Look how much I've taught you!"

I pretend to shudder. "Yeah, you've really scarred me."

Rolling her eyes, Mar puts the white one back. "Yeah, yeah. Can you get me a towel while I change, Moon? You know where the big ones are at, right?"

I nod. "Yeah," I answer, walking out of her room. Going down the hall a little bit, I come to a closet. Opening it, I grab the first one I find. Closing the doors, I jumped slightly when I saw 18, leaning against the wall, her arms crossed.

"Thank you, 18, for scaring the shit outta me," I said, laughing. 18 smiles.

"You're welcome, Rosamoona. Now, tell me. What exactly are you doing in my house at eleven-thirty in an orange bikini?"

"Stealing your daughter," I answer simply.

"Sounds like a perfectly good reason. Just don't get too drunk. You both have school tomorrow."

I chuckle. "Don't worry. Nothing like that."

Still smiling, 18 nods and turns around, walking downstairs. I give a little half wave before going back to Mar's room.

"It's about time. I was about to send a search party after you,'' she said.

"Yeah, well you can thank your mum for that. She decided to scare me, then tells me not to get too drunk."

"Yeah, that sounds like my mother," Mar chuckled. "So, I'm all ready. Shall we proceed?"

''Yes ma'am," I said, placing a hand on her shoulder. Her room was suddenly replaced with the pool back in Waynesboro.

"We have our stuff over here," I said, leading her to the little spot Trunks, Goten, Nate and Uub had picked out. "I have sun block if you want it."

"Nah. I want to tan," she replies, putting her bag down.

"Okay. Fine by me," I said, throwing the towel on the ground. "Everyone else is already in the pool."

Mar stands on her tiptoes and shields her eyes. "I can see Goten and Pan. I'm guessing that the blue-haired chick is... Bulla, you said?"

"Yeah. Then the one with the blond hair and bright green eyes is Nate. The lavender haired boy is Trunks, and the boy about Gaea's age is Uub. Nate and Uub are friends of Trunks and Bulla."

"Ooooooooh, Trunks is cute!" Mar exclaims. I roll my eyes.

"That would be the first thing you notice about someone."

Mar laughs. "Come on. Lets go swimming!"