Chapter Thirty

The city was noisy with people bustling around, pushing past us both ways. Everyone had a turban on their head, most likely protecting them from the rays of the sun. The turbans were every color imaginable, plus some I'd never seen before. The robes that the people wore where the same. Very bright and multicolored.

As for the locals themselves, there didn't seem to just be one race, though you could tell which ones were native to the planet. There were people of different color, shape and sizes mixed together to form the crowd we walked through. 

Lining the sides of the streets, vendors sat in their booths, yelling at us to buy something as we passed. Each vendor seemed to have something different to sell as we passed by. Some had jewelry while some had clothes. One even had really weird looking fruit. But I didn't see anyone selling spare ship parts.

"This place is amazing," Gaea said, looking around in awe. I nodding, smiling. 

"Maybe we should find a place to spend the night," Trunks suggested, looking over at pottery booth. 

"Sounds good to me!" Goten said. 

I looked around some more, my tail swaying behind me. If felt weird to have it out in the open like this, but as Mar and Bulla had said, I was technically the alien here. And with this mix of races, no one seemed to mind at all.

A glint of something shiny caught my eye on a table. It was another jewelry vendor, but this stuff looked really neat. I walked away from the others and over to it, gently picking up the piece that was shining.

It was a golden bracelet with two deep blue gems encrusted in it. I ran my finger along it, feeling the swirled design etched into the metal. The bracelet looked like it should fit a toddler's wrist, but I doubt this was something a child would wear. Though I had never seen this before, it felt familiar.

I looked around at the other pieces. They were all fashioned the same, telling me that this wasn't some random collection the seller had put together over the years. No, these pieces were from the same set.

"That is one of my favorite pieces on this table," a voice said, startling me. I jumped, almost dropping the bracelet, and looked up.

An elderly man with tanned skin was smiling down at me, looking very much like a human. His eyes were a softy ebony color, much like Dad's, my brother's and Gaea's. His hair was mainly jet back, but I could see some white along the edges and some dashed in the middle. He, just like his wares, was familiar.

"I didn't mean to frighten you," he apologized. I shook my head.

"No, it's alright. I didn't see you there."

He smiled again. "Like I said, that is one of my favorite pieces on this table," he said. "The blue in those stones remind me of water. And we both know how important water is to survive."

"So, you're saying the bracelet is important?" I asked, intrigued. The man's smile grew slightly.

"To the right person, this entire collection is." He waved his hand over the table, gesturing to everything. 

I looked back down at the bracelet I was holding. I examined it again, turning it over in my hands. As I did so, something on the inside caught my eye. I looked closer and gasped slightly. There, carved into the band, was the Saiyan Crest. 

"I knew I recognized you," the man said. I looked back up. His smile had changed into a smirk. I saw something move behind him. I didn't need to ask to know that it was a tail. 

"You're a Saiyan..." I said in awe. This was cool! What were the chances of coming to a completely new planet and finding an unknown Saiyan?!

The man nodded. "Yes, I am. And until now, I thought I was the last of our race."