Chapter Six

Panic. That's what swept through me as I stood, rooted in place. Why couldn't I expel Baby? Why wasn't he taking control of my body? That's about when the answer hit me.

I couldn't expel Baby because I wasn't strong enough, and he couldn't take control of me because he wasn't strong enough. We seemed to be at a mutual stand point.

Baby seemed to think of this the same time I did. I felt him inside of me, getting angry. It made me angry as well.

"Damn Saiyan! Let me control  you!" He yelled at me. Suddenly, my head felt like it was being split open with a pick axe. I couldn't move. I watched as my arm rose slowly and flexed it's fingers. My eyes grew wide. I wasn't doing it. Baby was.

"Yes! Yes, I've done it!" He cried. But he spoke too soon. The headache vanished as soon as it came. I fell to my knees, exhausted. 

"NO!" Baby bellowed. He was angry again, but the anger wasn't enough to take control this time. He was too weak. So there I sat, on the floor of the gym with the world still frozen around me.

I have no idea how long I sat on that gym floor. But it didn't matter. Getting up, I walked out, heading up The Forty-four. I quickly found Gohan's classroom. He was sitting at his desk, looking at papers. Walking over to him proved difficult, for Baby resisted me with each step.

"No! Saiyan, we will not involve him!" Baby screamed at me. It became even harder to move, but I finally made it to Gohan's desk, laying a hand on his shoulder,

As my energy swept through Gohan, he was able to move. He jumped, surprised by my sudden appearance in his classroom.

"Rosa, what-" He broke off when he got a good look at me. I must still be Super. But I couldn't risk turning normal and having Baby take control.

"Gohan... Baby, he... He's inside me." I said with difficulty. Baby was really fighting me now, yearning for control. But I wasn't giving it to him.

Without asking for an explanation, Gohan jumped up, nodding. "Can you transport us home?" He asked me. Anger was evident in his eyes.

"I-" Was all I could get out. The splitting headache came back, and once more, I couldn't control my body. My arm drew back and punched Gohan in the stomach. I felt a smirk come across that my face that didn't belong to me. My arms came back down to my side as my body straightened out of the punch.

"Ahhh, that's more like it." Baby said, out loud. Gohan's eyes widened, mirroring my internal expression  "A Saiyan body to call my own."

"No, Rosa..." Gohan said, coughing from the blow to the gut.

Gohan! I screamed from inside my body. It was getting harder to stay alert. Baby was very determined to completely take control of me.

'NO! I WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO CONTROL ME! THIS IS MY BODY! NOT YOURS!' I screamed at Baby. My anger gave me power, just like his did for him. 

Pushing my way through his energy, I was able to gain partial control of my body. I forced my legs to carry us away from Gohan while he recovered from the blow.

 "GET OUT!" I yelled, internally and out loud. My Ki skyrocketed, pushing Baby's energy down. I was not going through this again! Baby was leaving!

With one final scream and another huge burst of energy, I watched as Baby left the the very same cut he head entered. I collapsed, spent.

"DIE!" I head Gohan yell at Baby. "MASENKO-HA!" A bright, yellow Ki blast shot at Baby, quickly enveloping him.

As the smoke cleared, I could see the damage done to the classroom. Baby though, was nowhere in sight.

"Did I get him?" Gohan asked, looking around for Baby.

"No, I didn't feel him energy fade. He's still somewhere in the building," I reply, struggling to stand up. As I fall, Gohan rushed forward and caught me. 

"Shit. We should get you home," He says. Suddenly, I can hear movement in the hall. I look up at the clock and see that it's moving again.

"We really need to get out of here," I mumble. Gohan nods and goes over to the window. Easily breaking the glass, he flies out, with me in his arms. As we head home, I can't help but sigh.

"And I was really looking forward to school," I say weakly.

Gohan laughs slightly as we arrive back at the house. The door bursts open and Mom comes running out, followed by Dad.

"Moona!" Mom cries, stopping when she reaches us.

"What happened?" Dad asks.

"We'll explain everything in a moment," Gohan says, carrying me inside and placing me on his couch. Reaching into a drawer next to us, he pulls out a small brown bag.

"Here, you know what to do," he says, handing me a Senzu bean. I nod, taking it and eating it. Instantly, I feel better. Sitting up, I stretch.

"God damn. I was not expecting that," I state.

"What happened?" Dad asked again.

I sigh. "Baby has become much stronger, and he's got some new tricks up his sleeves."

If only we knew the half of it.