Chapter Eight

"Are you sure they're gonna be open? It is only eight thirty after all," Gaea says as we walk down main street.

After we finished explaining everything to Trunks and Nate, Mom and Dad decided to send us to the pool while they went to talk to Vegeta and Bulma. It really pissed me off. We had better things to do then to go swimming. Like finding Baby, for instance.

"It should be. If it's not, then we'll go talk to the owners. They're friends of ours," Nate said.

"That's awesome," Goten tells him. The school board apparently decided that the middle and elementary schools should get out as well.

Trunks and Nate shrug as we walk. "You know, this will be the first time we've ever been in a pool," Gaea states. Nate, Trunks and Trunks' little sister, Bulla, just look at us.

"Really?" Bulla asked. Goten nods. 

"It's never been important enough, with us chasing Baby and all," I tell her, allowing my annoyed state to show. She didn't pick up on it.

"Even with that big ass in ground in your backyard?" She questioned.

"We've never used it, except for the occasional prank." I reply, sighing.

"Like this morning, Rosey?" Goten asked, a huge smile forming.

Glaring at him, I slugged him in the arm.

"Ow! What was that for?!"

"Payback. Dad and Gohan are next."

Goten looked relieved when I said that. "Really? That's it?" He asked excitedly.

"Unless you want it to be more..."

He paled. "No, this is fine!" 

"Don't worry. You weren't directly involved. I know it was Gohan who came up with it. Dad just did the dirty work."

"Um, not to be rude, but what exactly happened this morning?" Nate asked. 

"Oh, sorry," I told him. I had forgotten that him, Trunks and Bulla were there. 

"So, what happened?" Trunks asked.

"My dad dunked me into the pool at five this morning."

There was nothing but silence for a few seconds. Then...

Trunks, Bulla and Nate all burst out laughing. I rolled my eyes. 

"It's not that funny," I say. 

"No, but your face was," Gaea says.

I glare at her. "Wanna join Gohan and Dad?"

She pales like Goten did. "No thanks!" She exclaims, running and turning the corner onto South Grant street.

 Bulla calmed down. "I guess the males in our family like water," she said.

"Why's that?" 

"My sweet brother here and my loving father dumped cold water onto me while I was at the dinning room table."

"Hey, it's your own fault," Trunks defends. "If you wouldn't have fallen asleep, Dad and I wouldn't have had to wake you up."

Bulla sighs. "At least Mom made you clean it up."

"Actually, she tried. Then I saw the time and took off for school."

"What?!" She exclaims. "I didn't think I was late this morning!"

Trunks grins from ear to ear. "That's cause you weren't. It was only six forty-five when I left because I was 'late'. I hung out with Nate at McDonalds for fifteen minutes."