Chapter Twenty-Three

When Vegeta and I reached the others, we didn't waste anytime jumping into action. I was relieved to see flashes of green skin and blue hair. Piccolo and Bulla were here.

"Ginger! It's about time you joined the fight!" Nate called. He flew past, avoiding one of Baby's blasts. Despite the entire situation, I couldn't help but smile.

"Sorry! I got held up!" I called back, flying up to Baby. Most of me screamed not to touch him; That it was Trunks. But I had to remind myself that Trunks was trapped inside and wouldn't mind if I beat him up a little.

"I can tell! Now, get your ass into gear!" he yelled back before Baby punched him out of the sky. 

"Nate!" I heard Marron call. My heart did a happy dance when I heard her voice. She was okay!

Turning my attention back to the giant ape, I sneered. Speeding up, I quickly reach Baby. When I did, I punch him square in the jaw. He staggered back some from the force of my blow. But it wasn't strong enough to make him fall.

As Baby straightened up, my allies gathered around me. Before I could stop myself, I flew over to Mar and gathered her into a hug.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered. She shook her head, hugging me back tightly.

"It's fine. I know you've probably been beating yourself up over it. But I promise you, it's okay. It was in no way, shape or form your fault," she told me. I could hear it in her voice that there was no reason for me to fight back. She meant every word that came out of her mouth.

"Well, isn't this touching?" Baby scoffed. I turned around as he fired a Ki blast at the group of us.

Pushing everyone behind me, I spread my arms wide, throwing up an energy shield. The blast hits it and bounces off. I was surprised it did minimal damage.

Baby takes a step back in shock, but hurriedly regains his demeanor.

"Moon," Mar breaths. I smirk. I was stronger than I thought.

"Now, where were we?" Goten asked, taking advantage of the situation. Cheers erupted from the twelve of us as if we were getting ready to play a game, not fight off the worst adversary we'd ever faced. 

All at once, we charged him. Dad and Vegeta went for his legs while Nate and Goten went for Baby's arms. Gaea helped Uub and Piccolo in the stomach region as Videl and Gohan aimed for the face. Bulla, Mar and I all flew around and caused distractions where ever we could. Us three warrior's shot exposed flesh anywhere we could. 

As I moved in to shoot an open area of chest, Baby suddenly let out a screech that shook the very air we flew in. Energy radiated from him as he let wave after wave rip us apart. I heard screams around me and I covered my face. When it was all clear, I was the only one still floating.

Everyone seemed to lay on top of one another. Blood seeped from open wounds. My eyes widened, a scream catching in my throat. Fear took hold of my body, my blood turning to ice.

Baby's laughter soon filled the deathly still air. All at once, fire tore through me, melting the ice. My hands balled into fists so tight that my fingernails dug deep into my skin. My tail thrashed furiously behind me as tremor's shook my body like an earthquake. Slowly, I turned my head back towards Baby.

His laughter ceased almost instantly, but a gleeful smirk the size of New York stayed in place. This only made me see red.

Screaming at the top of my lungs, I lurched forward. In no time, I was on top of Baby, my fists leaving welts as they connected. My feet broke ribs when they struck. A feral growl ripped through me as I drove Baby back.

Pausing for a less than a nanosecond, I drew back my fist. When it landed on Baby's face, he started to fall. But I wasn't letting that happen. Transporting behind him, I kicked him very hard in the back. 

Baby lifted off the ground from the force of my punt. Flying up to meet up him, I formed a yellow energy ball and aimed it at his chest. Letting it go, I watched as it hit Baby and send him barrelling for the ground.

When he hit, buildings that somehow managed to stay standing crumbled. The thunderous boom shook the planet, sending out an echo that was probably able to be heard from Earth. A crater the size of a lake was now created.

Floating down, I landed where some of my friends lay, helpless. Dad was the closest one, so I placed a hand on him, healing him. With a groan, Dad sat up. Surprisingly, he was still in the new level of Super Saiyan.

"Mooney... Did you do that?" he asked, looking at the crater. I nodded, helping him stand up.

"We have to get the others hea-" I started to say.

A giant hand shot up from underneath me, catching me way off guard. Baby lifted me high into the air before throwing me forcibly into the ground. Judging by how hard I hit, I probably created a chasm just as big.

Grimacing slightly, I started to pull myself out when a voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"MOON!"

Echoing around the rocks, my name eventually died, taking the voice with it. But it stayed clear as day in my memory.

Shooting out of the chasm, I came a halt, staring at Baby. He stood still as a statue, surprise evident on his face. His awe was mirrored on my face.

It wasn't Mar who had called out my name.

It was Trunks.

Trunks...

Trunks!

He was alive! He was alive and he was fighting!

Thinking this gave me new vigor. Raising my Ki, I bolted over to Baby. Dad was abruptly beside me, but I neither cared nor protested. Together, we flew into battle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Truffle war ends next chapter! XDXD