Chapter Fourteen

My eyes were the size of tires as I watched the city move. My Time Freeze did nothing to stop them. They probably didn't even realize I had stopped time.

I balled my hands into fists, trying to stop them from shaking. My city... My home... Gone. It's inhabitants brainwashed. Some possibly dead.

Laughter unexpectedly rang in my ears. My head snapped to the source, having recognized it. My heart dropped to the tip of my toes. No... This can't be happening...

"What do you think? Beautiful, eh? All of West City under my control. Everyone a Truffle!" Baby laughed. Anger boiled inside me.

"This is horrible. Release them. Now!" Trunks growled, voicing my exact thoughts.

"Now now little Prince. Don't be like that," Baby scolded, amusement shining in Marron's blue eyes.

"Get. Out. Of. My. Friend," I said through gritted teeth. It no longer was just my hands shaking, but now my entire body.

"My dear Rosamoona, don't you remember the last time you told me to 'get out'?" Baby questioned, crossing his arms. "I believe a Human ended up dead."

"Shut UP!" I yelled, charging the Truffle, punching him hard in the gut. When Baby doubled over, I elbowed him in the back, sending him speeding towards the water that lay beneath us.

"Moon, careful," Trunks said, placing a hand on my shoulder. I knew what he meant. He knows me well enough to know that I didn't want to hurt Mar.

Having his hand on my shoulder helped me to calm down slightly. It helped me to think clearly.

"Trunks, you need to get out of here," I told the Lavender-haired Saiyan.

"No. I'm not leaving you to do this by yourself," he stated.

Turning to face Trunks, I say, "Trunks, he wants your body. I'll be fine by myself. Just please go."

He shook his head. "No. I said I'm staying, and I mean what I said."

"Yes Trunks. Please stay," Baby said, suddenly appearing behind Trunks, a small blast formed in his hand.

I quickly grabbed Trunks' hand, pulling him out of the way. Baby let loose the blast at the same time. Instead of it hitting Trunks, it hit me square in the chest. Though the blast was small, it was powerful.

My breath left my body as my hand left Trunks'. As I gasped for air, Baby hit me with another blast; the same one as before. Not only did it leave me breathless again, but it also sent me soaring away from the two.

"Moon!" Trunks cried. His Ki spiked as he raced towards me. But he was stopped short by Baby.

"Now, it's time for you to relinquish your body to me, Saiyan!" Baby yelled.

"N-no! Trunks!" I sputtered, before crashing into the water. I was still winded from the blasts. And every time I tried to breath, I felt a throbbing pain in my chest, signaling that ribs may be broken.

Struggling to bring my hand up to my chest, the water finally stopped me. As I floated, I quickly healed my chest. Going Super, I flew towards the top of the water. When I broke the surface, I paused only for a second to take a gulp of air before going over to where Baby and Trunks were fighting. If I had to pick a winner, unfortunately, I'd have to go with Baby. He was kicking Trunks' ass.

Coming up behind Baby, I formed a ball with my hands and hit him across the back of the head. He stumbled forward a bit before turning around and glaring at me.

"This isn't your fight, Rosamoona," he growled.

"This is every bit my fight!" I yelled. "You're on my planet, taking over my city, in the body of my friend, while trying to take over my other friend!" Sneering, Baby roundhouse kicked. I ducked, grabbing his leg. 

Not wanting to hurt Mar, I sent only a small blast at the Truffle, letting go of his foot as he flew backwards.

"Thanks Pigeon," Trunks said, breathless. He drifted next to me.

I nod. "Of course," I say, placing a hand on him shoulder, healing him.

"Whoa. That's cool," he said, smiling and looking at his hands.

"Thanks. Now, let's-" I was cut off as Baby suddenly had his hands around my throat, choking me. I clawed at his hands and kicked widely, trying to get him off.

"It's time for you to die," Baby informed me. His hands started to glow and my eyes widened as I continued to try to break free. He was going to blast me point blank.

"Let her go!" Trunks yelled. His hands move in a frenzy before forming a diamond with his index  finger and thumb. A yellow blast formed and flew at Baby, hitting him in the side, causing him to drop me.

I fell to the ground, gasping for breath. Trunks quickly flew down beside me. I rubbed my throat, coughing.

"Marron..." I choked out.

"Don't worry, she'll be fine. That wasn't enough to harm her. Just sting and stun Baby," Trunks assured me. After a second or two, he added, "He cut you."

I looked at him for a second before reaching around my neck. I felt warm blood streaming from a small cut.

"It's fine. It's small," I answered, finally able to breath. I quickly healed the small laceration. 

Trunks nods, helping me up. "Come on. Let's get out of here."

I look back at Baby, who was currently pulling himself out of the water. Hate and rage twisted Marron's face into one that was not her own. Anger and loss battled to take control of my body. Both were powerful, not letting the other win.

Finally, I nodded, taking Trunks' hand.

"I'm sorry, Mar," I whispered before transporting us back to my house, tears streaking down my cheeks.

The last thing I heard was Baby yelling, having just come so close to victory, only for it to slip away.