Chapter Thirty-Three

By the time we were walking back into the market area, it was eight o’clock Earth time. Not late, but not as early as we’d hoped. But, given we could find the part we needed, along with the Dragonball, we would be off Imecka soon.

“Hey guys, do the people seem to be acting strange to you?” Pan asked as we made our way through the crowd.

She was right. Where the locals were shoving their way to us yesterday, it was as if they couldn’t get far enough away from us today. Confused, I looked over at Moon.

“Do we smell or something?” She shrugged, just as confused as I was.

“Guys! Holy crap, come look at this!” Goten suddenly called. The urgency in his voice stopped me from asking questions.

Goten was standing in front of a building that had flyers taped all over it. At first, I didn’t see what was so important about the papers. But, upon further inspection, I saw that they weren’t flyers. They were wanted posters. With our faces on them.

“What the hell?!” Moon exclaimed, pushing past her brother to get a better look at them.

Whoever made these posters seriously needed a better dose of reality. Each one of us was contorted far beyond what we actually looked like. Foreign script was scribbled across the top and bottom of each picture, followed by the Imeckian currency symbol and an enormous number.

“Why do I have a knife?! I don’t even own a knife!” Pan cried in outrage.

“At least half your face isn’t unrecognizable!” Goten countered, pulling one of his posters down and eyeing angrily.

“Trunks, you look like Frankenstein!” Goku pointed out. Sure enough, I did.

There was a large, stitched gash across my forehead. My eyes were darkly outlined, as if I wore a lot of eyeliner. Pointed teeth resembling a vampire’s sprouted from my mouth, which was hanging open like I was screaming. There was a gun in my hands.

“Who’s idea was this?” I demanded, looking away from the poster. Goku was copying the face on his poster while Ares looked really pissed and mumbling about Saiyan pride.

“What does it even say?” Pan wondered, squinting at the paper in Goten’s hands as if that’d make it easier.

“‘Wanted,’” our little hitch hiker suddenly spoke. I had forgotten he was with us.

The robot flew over to Goten’s shoulder so he could read it better.

“‘Wanted dead or alive for treason against the king. Reward for capture.’” When he was done, he jumped up, flew around Goten’s head a few times, and landed over on my shoulder.

“Treason?!” Moon said incredulously. “What have we done?!”

Suddenly, I was aware of the Imeckian people around us.

“Uhhh, Pigeon? I think we should discuss this somewhere else...”

Moon looked at me then at the gathering crowd. Eventually, someone would be brave enough to try and capture us. And I didn’t want to harm anyone escaping.

“There’s a junkyard not far from here. We might be able to find something for your ship there while we talk,” Ares said in a low voice. Nodding, we followed him to the junkyard. It was the same one where I had found the robot.

“Giru, Giru,” it said as we landed, flying around his old home.

“What are we going to do about this?” Moon asked, starting to pace. “The only thing illegal we’ve done since get here was not pay our hotel bill. Is that the treason they’re talking about?”