Chapter Sixteen

Dedicated to PTVismylove cause she correctly guessed what happened in this chapter! Well, part of what's going to happen! ^_^

Also, I want to apologize for this chapter jumping around from p.o.v.  to p.o.v. But it was the only way to show what was happening to everyone that has an important role in this chapter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

When I awoke, Trunks was gone.

Frantically, I looked around the room. I immediately relaxed when my eyes found him. 

The Saiyan was stretched out on the window seat diagonal from my bed. The sunlight glimmered off of his lavender hair, giving off a soft glow. The glow enveloped him as he slept, his chest rising and falling gently.

I couldn't help but smile as I rolled off of my bed, quietly making my way over to Trunks. He looked so peaceful when he was asleep.

"It's time to wake up, Monkey Boy," I whispered, kneeling beside him and shaking him gently. A few seconds later, Trunks woke up.

"Moon?" He asked, sitting up. My smile grows.

"Afternoon," I greet. Matching my smile, Trunks leans forward, kissing me lightly in the lips.

"Good afternoon, Pigeon," Trunks says after pulling away. Standing up, he yawns. "What time is it?"

"I don't know. I still haven't gotten a new clock," I admitted. Trunks laughed.

"Come on. Let's go see what the others have come up with," he said, taking my hand. Together, we walked out of my room and down the stairs to the kitchen. Right away, my eyes found the figure in white, standing by the stove. His back was to us but I knew who it was.

"Piccolo!" I exclaimed. I hadn't seen the Namekain in years. He turned around and smiled.

"Hey, kid. Long time no see," he said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked wearily, my tail swaying nervously. Was it actually him, or was there a Truffle inside him?

"I know what you're thinking. But trust me. If I were a Truffle, I wouldn't be here right now. I would put myself into a deep meditation," Piccolo explained. It only made me feel a little better. "Feel free to test it, though. You know I can't resist the Time Freeze."

Instantly, I relaxed. None of the Truffles new about that power. Only Baby, and I have a feeling that's something he'd neglect to tell his followers.

"What are you doing here? How did you escape the infection?" I question.

"I left when I realized people were no longer Human," Piccolo replied. "As for my presence here, I figured you guys could use my help."

I smiled, letting go of Trunks' hand and walking over to the green alien. I gave him a quick hug. As expected  he just stood there. When I let go, I looked up and him and asked, "Do the others know you're here?" Piccolo shook his head.

"No. I've kept my power level hidden in case any of the Truffles would find me. How have you guys stayed hidden for this long?"

"What do you mean?" Trunks asked. 

"Most of the Human's here have been infected for years, though only some have turned before now."

My stomach dropped to my feet and my heart rose to my throat.

"W-what?!" I stuttered. "A-are you serious?!"

Piccolo nodded gravely. "I thought you knew."

"You're kidding right?!" Trunks demanded. "Of course we didn't know!"