Chapter 14

Callie's P.O.V
"What do you mean she ran right past our house?" I asked. Hayes just told me that Emma went off, but none of us know where she could be.
"I think she was planning to go somewhere where none of us would find her," Hayes stated.
"She better come home. My parents will kick my ass for losing her," I said.
"Pfft, so what?" Nash yelled.
"They'll also ground me from seeing you," I continued.
"Oh hell naw, that shit ain't happening! We need to find that little girl right now!" He demanded. It was pretty funny.
Emma's P.O.V
It was 10:30 at night, and Bri had just turned on Safe Haven.
"Brianna?" Someone called.
"Oh crap, I forgot about Emily and Kayla!" Bri whispered. "We're in here!" She called. Two girls who looked about our age walked in.
"Who are they?" I pointed to them. They looked familiar.
"The one with the braces is Emily, and the one with the cast is Kayla. Emily plays volleyball, and Kayla does cheer. They're in our gym class," She explained.
"Oh that's where I know you guys from!" I laughed.
"Yeah. What are you guys watching?" Kayla wondered.
"We're watching a bunch of romance movies," I answered.
"MOVIE MARATHON!" Emily screamed.
"Shut the hell up! This is the part where Katie is fighting Kevin at the end!" Bri snapped. We all got silent, finished the movie, and took a break to go to the bathroom so we could make more food. While Kayla was in the kitchen, I snuck up behind her without her noticing.
"KAYLA!" I yelled really loudly.
"HOLY SHIT EMMA!" I started laughing so hard. Kayla's face was priceless! I was literally rolling on the floor when the others ran in.
"WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?! IS EVERYONE OK?! EMMA WHY ARE YOU ON THE FLOOR?! KAYLA STOP EATING THE POPCORN AND SAVE IT FOR THE MOVIE!" Emily started pacing around the room.
"We-we're fine. I just scared the living crap out of Kayla," I laughed.
"Oh, well you suck. And let's go! Augustus Waters and Hazel Lancaster are waiting for us on the TV!" Bri whined. We all trudged back into the room, and I fell asleep quickly after the movie started.
Hayes' P.O.V
Nash and I gave up searching for Emma, and went back to Callie's place.
"Did you find her?" She asked. Nash shook his head. "Where could she be? I miss her, and I'm scared." Nash sat down next to her on the couch, and gave her a big hug, which lead to them kissing.
"Get some, Nash!" I screamed as I headed up to me and Nash's room. Yeah, we have our own room because we're here all the time, and there's so many rooms in this house. Everything was the same as the last time I stayed over here. The bunk beds, the TV, the phone chargers, the- Wait that's it! I can just call her! But she won't answer. Maybe I could use *67, and I can talk to her. I pulled out my phone, and the screensaver was a picture of me and Lacey kissing a few days ago.
Emma's P.O.V
I was sound asleep until someone slapped me. "Bitch what do you want?" I snapped.
"Wake up!" Emily whispered. She pointed to the TV. Hazel and Augustus were just about to frickle frackle when my phone went off. There was no caller ID.
"Seriously?" They complained.
"Sorry!" I apologized as I answered the unknown caller. "Hello?"
"I know you don't wanna talk to me right now, but where are you? We're all really worried!" Hayes said.
"Ugh, why would I tell you? I'm trying to stay away from ya'll for a reason!" I yelled.
"What would that reason be?" He wondered.
"I'm getting away from you because I'm scared of being hurt. I'm scared of kissing you again. And I'm really scared that I'll love you again. That's why I'm trying to get away for a few days! Because I love you! And I wish that I didn't, but loving you feels right," I mumbled the last part, and put Hayes on speakerphone, so everyone could hear our conversation.
"Y-you love me?" He stuttered.
"I know that you love Lacey and all, but does she love you back? Because I honestly love you. And I understand if you would rather be with Lacey, but I'll always be here for you." I hung up the phone.
"That was so much more interesting than The Fault In Our Stars," Emily laughed.
"I'm tired from all of that talking. Can I go to bed?" I groaned.
"Hell no, you're talking to us first!" Kayla answered.
"Ok. So me and Hayes were in that relationship thing, but it was actually fake. So a fan asked us to kiss once, and I've gotten butterflies everytime I've seen him since then. So after we kissed, me, Hayes, Nash, and Callie all went back to my house, and while Hayes and I were in my room, he kissed me, and then started going out with Lacey a couple days later. I got mad, so I went home, while Lacey made up that threat to make Hayes mad at me. So Hayes got mad, and he went over to Nila's house for a couple days. So when I got suspended, I met Hayes, and we went to Taco Bell, but then I took us to an alley, where we started making out, but then he said that he still liked Lacey, so I got mad, and he started walking back to Nila's, until he went into his coma. So while he was in his coma, he apparently lost his memory, but earlier today, I found out that he was faking it, and was hoping that I would forgive him. And I came here to avoid speaking with anyone."
"You've had a more interesting love life than most people, and you're only 14!" Bri giggled.
"Well, even though I love him, he loves Lacey. I can't get in between the slut and the football player," I mumbled.
"Don't you see? You already did."