Chapter 12

Emma's P.O.V
Two weeks later
"Emma, I have something to tell you," Hayes said nervously. We were currently sitting on his bed in his room, and he had just gotten his memory back. "I faked my memory loss. I mean, I lost it while I was sleeping, but got it back while I was sleeping too. Sorry, but I just wanted to start over."
"What does that even mean?" I asked.
"It means I pretended to lose my memory, so you could forgive me for hurting you, twice," He mumbled.
"Are you that clueless? I can't forgive you! I can't just forget about the way it made me feel when you chose Lacey over me," I yelled.
"I-I'm sorry. Lacey can be a real bitch sometimes. But so can you," He told me.
"I hate you," I mumbled.
"Well it's not my fault that you're mean sometimes!" He argued. So you're gonna go hang with Lacey and her posse of bitches? You're stupid," I laughed. "Just don't talk to me, and we won't clash with eachother. Lacey always wins. It'll always be that way." I left his room, and knocked on Nash's bedroom door. No answer.
"Nash," Callie giggled.
"Callie," He laughed.
"What are you kids doing in there?" I asked like a concerned mother through the door.
"Uhh nothing!" Callie nervously chuckled.
"Let me in!" I yelled. Nash opened to the door, and was shirtless. "Damn Callie, you're only 16."
"Language," She warned me. "So what do you want?"
"Hayes is a dumbass piece of crap who has been lying to my face for the past couple of weeks," I mumbled.
"Ok that's it, Nash where is your bible?" Callie asked.
"In the living room, why?" He wondered.
"I have to cleanse my sister's mouth with it's holy words," She replied as I got dragged into the living room. I sat down on the couch, and was hit in the arm 5 times with the bible. "Now watch your language, and shut up!"
"Ok, ok!" I put my hands up. "I'm going home, I can't deal with Hayes right now."
"Wait what did he do?" Nash asked me.
"He lied to me about his memory loss. He's had it this whole time. He just wanted me to forgive him for kissing me, and then choosing Lacey twice. But now I'm pissed at him," I explained. Callie glared at me. "Sorry."
"That little shit," Nash mumbled under his breath.
"Nash I'll slap you too," Callie warned.
"Sorry babe," He apologized.
"Yeah whatever. Bye." I rolled my eyes, and slowly walked back to my house.
"Emma, wait!" I heard someone yell. "Emma!" I walked faster. "Emma so help me, I will run over there and tackle your ass if you don't answer me!" Hayes screamed.
"Oh my lord Benjamin, what do you want?" I snapped.
"I'm sorry for lying to you."
"That's not what I'm mostly mad at you for. I'm mad because you keep choosing the slut over someone that actually cares about you!" I felt my eyes get watery.
"Lacey cares about me," He said.
"Do you not understand a word I'm saying? She's dated more than half the guys in our school, has slept with a couple guys, and she's only 14!"
"I don't care! I love her!" He blurted out.
"Well then you and Lacey can go ride off in the goddamn sunset, and get the hell out of my pathetic life."
___________________________
Author's note: So this chapter might be kinda confusing right now, but I'll try to clear it up in the next chapter, and I just don't have the energy to write right now. It's 6:45 AM right now, and I've been up since 2:30 PM yesterday😂Anyways, I wanna wish you all a late Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and a late happy 17th birthday to my boy, Hamilton Nash Grier! I love you!