Chapter 39

Emma's P.O.V
"Wake up!"
"Agh!" I screamed. I flailed my arms, causing me to hit someone's rather soft face. Callie.
"Ow! You little bitch," She joked.
"What time is it?" I asked her.
"5:30!" She said excitingly. Callie has always been a morning person.
"Ugh, our flight leaves in 11 hours," I groaned.
"But the boys are landing in a few hours."
"Whatever. I'm not gonna see them, it'll be too hard," I shot back.
"Ok," She said in a sing-song voice.
-
-
10 minutes. There are 10 minutes until I leave North Carolina. I spent the entire day saying my final goodbyes, going around town, and crying because my life is over. I'm really gonna miss this. I think Mara was sadder than I was. She's known me for almost 13 years. I can't blame her. Her mom and my mom were friends, so we hungout alot, until she eventually became my teacher when she was 16, after her mom passed away. My thoughts were interrupted by someone screaming though the airport.
"Callie! Callie!" They called.
"N-Nash? What are you doing here?" She wondered.
"I still love you. I'm sorry about Gianna. I'm sorry about the shit that I've put you through, and I'm sorry for being a sucky boyfriend. I'm sorry about almost everything. But I'm not sorry about being in love with you," Nash panted.
"I love y-" She was cut off by him smashing his lips onto hers. Super cliché, but cuter in real life. People surrounding us started clapping, and I could see them smiling. They're soulmates. He pulled away, and walked over to me.
"Sorry, Hayes didn't wanna come."
"It's fine. I get it," I choked out.
"I'll miss you. He will too. I know it," He informed me.
"Damn Nash, you're making this super hard," I giggled. "Tell Hayes that I'll miss him. And that it's official. We're over. I can't do this anymore, so I'm calling it quits."
"Ok," He sniffled.
"Hamilton Nash Grier, are you crying?" I wondered.
"No," He lied.
"Don't worry. I am too," I sighed. He hugged me tighter, and I started to laugh.
"Bye guys," Nash cried after I wiggled out of his grasp.
"Bye," I whispered back. Once again, I boarded the plane, put my headphones in, and tuned out the world. This has been home for almost my entire life, and now we're leaving. I'm leaving everything here. I'm leaving everyone here. I'm leaving Hayes. I feel so stupid for breaking up with him, but I didn't have a choice. Just as I was about to send out my last tweet before I left, my favorite song came on. (A/N: Play 'Never Be Alone' by Shawn Mendes)

I promise that one day, I'll be around, I'll keep you safe, I'll keep you sound.

Right now it's pretty crazy, and I don't know how to stop, or slow it down.

Hey, I know there are some things we need to talk about.

And I can't stay. So let me hold you for a little longer now.

Take a piece of my heart, and make it all your own. So when we are apart, you'll never be alone. Never be alone.

You'll never be alone. When you miss me, close your eyes. I may be far, but never gone.

When you fall asleep, just remember that we lay under the same stars.

Hey, I know there are some things we need to talk about.

And I can't stay. So let me hold you for a little longer now.

Take a piece of my heart, and make it all your own. So when we are apart, you'll never be alone. You'll never be alone.

You'll never be alone. You'll never be alone. You'll never be alone. You'll never be alone.

And take a piece of my heart, and make it all your own. So when we are apart, you'll never be alone. You'll never be alone.

By now, I was bawling like a big baby. Good timing, Shawn. But his song is true. I might not ever get to experience the things that I experience with Hayes ever again. He took my heart. And now, he'll have it 750 miles away. Him and I have gone through too much. We'll see eachother again. But for now, I'm gonna let the world take control. Missouri, look out. I'm coming your way.
_____________________________
Aghhhh that's the end! I love you guys so much! Never Be Alone was in this chapter bc I love it so much😂I'll be pondering about a title tomorrow, but I'll be working on the first chapter soon. There will be a time jump btw! Love ya'll!❤️