Chapter 4

Emma's P.O.V
I was the first one awake, so I made waffles for everyone. People say that I'm the donkey from Shrek in the mornings, because I'm in love with waffles. Nash came in, and he lit up like a Christmas tree.
"Waffles!" Nash yelled.
"You're welcome," I rudely said.
"Thank you!" He took a bunch of waffles, and put a boatload of syrup on them.
"You have enough there?" I asked.
"Yep!" He replied. A tired Hayes walked into the room, and we both tried to avoid eachother. "So you two both liked your little kiss?" Nash smirked. I could feel my cheeks getting warm.
"No. I mean yes. It's hard to explain," I answered.
"Did you like it or not?" Nash wondered me in a serious tone. I thought about it for a moment.
"No," I mumbled.
"Oh. Well you guys would be really cute together," He mumbled back. I turned to Hayes, who was looking down at the floor. I walked out of the room, and decided to get some fresh air, so I ended up taking a walk.
"Emma!" I heard Hayes call. I was too cold to run, since it's early December, so I just continued to walk. But he caught up to me, and stopped me. "So about our fake relationship, I think we should break it up. We're both getting a ton of hate, more than usual actually, and it's only gonna grow," He pointed out.
"Ok! Um, who's gonna break up with who?"
"You can dump me," He suggested. I was totally fine with that.
"That's fine," I said.
"Are you sure? You're gonna get a bunch of hate," He warned me.
"Hayes I can take some hate," I snapped at him. I pulled out my phone, and went onto Twitter. We really were getting a ton of hate. They liked our "relationship", but were extremely jealous.
@_emmaaagrey: Hey guys, so as you know, Hayes Grier and I have been dating for the past few days, but it just wasn't working out, and we both wanted to end it, but I said it first. Sorry guys.😕
I put the tweet on Twitter, and people started hating on us. They didn't like that we were dating, but when we break up, they still don't like it! That's a bunch of crap.
"So how are they taking it?" Hayes asked.
"Not well," I answered. He got on his phone, and started typing away. I looked on Twitter, and saw that Hayes tweeted something.
@hayesgrier: Please don't hate on @_emmaaagrey because she didn't do anything wrong, we both wanted to breakup.💔
"Thanks," I whispered.
"For what?" Hayes asked.
"For defending me. I didn't think that you'd do that for me. Thank you," I explained to him.
"Can I do something?" I stared into his amazing blue eyes.
Hayes' P.O.V
"Can I show you something?" I stared into her beautiful hazel eyes, and grabbed her hand. I took her to a tree that I go to when I have to think. When we got there, the most popular girl in school, Lacey, was there, and started staring at me.

"Hey Lace," I said.

"Hey Hayes. So my boyfriend and I just broke up, you and Emma just broke up, and we would be perfect for eachother!" Lacey told me. I thought about it for a second. She was really pretty, and she's nice to me all the time, and I've always had a little crush on her, I think. But then there's Emma.

"I guess I'm your new boyfriend!" I exclaimed. Emma and I have almost no chance together, and Lacey is cool, so why not?

"Yay!" She ran up to me and pecked my lips, then ran off.

Emma's P.O.V

What just happened?

"Hayes what the hell?" I asked. Lacey is the biggest slut in our grade. Basically, she dates a new guy almost every week, and she's slept with a couple. She's also my friend though, so I can't really talk bad about her. I've known her for years.

"What did I do?" He asked innocently.

"You kissed me, and then you go ahead and say yes to the girl who's dated every guy in our freaking school! Believe it or not, I kinda liked you, and what you just did really hurt me," I yelled as a tear escapeed my eye.

"Are you crying because you thought you would actually have a chance with me? I was bored! And you said yourself that you didn't like it! I would rather visit Hell than have a crush on you, which I don't!" He yelled back.

"Then maybe that's where you should go!" I screamed at him as I stomped away. I ran home, and went up to my room, where I cried.

"Are you ok Em?" I heard Nash ask me.

"Go away!" I choked out. The door opened, and I felt Nash's hand on my back.

"I'm going to kill Hayes when he gets home. Screw him, you can do better anyways. But when did you start having a crush on him?" He asked.

"I don't know, it just kinda happened!" I dug my face into my pillow.

Hayes' P.O.V

I took Lacey to dinner, and we both ordered the same thing.

"Hayes I can't date you," She blurted out.

"What do you mean?" I wondered nervously.

"So before you picked me up, Emma came to my house, and she threatened me. She said that if I dated you, then she'd make my life a living Hell. Someone is obviously not over you, even though she was the one who ended the relationship!" She exclaimed.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go make Emma apologize," I said. I started running when I got outside. It was to cold to think, but I knew that I was going to Emma's house. I stopped and knocked on her door. I need her to apologize to me.

Emma's P.O.V

I heard a knock on the door, so I got up and answered it. It was Hayes.

"Hayes? What the he-" I started.

"Emma! Language!" Callie cut me off.

"Shut up, now isn't the time to yell at me. I have to deal with this loser," I snapped.

"No I have to deal with you," He growled. We went into my room, where we both sat down on my bed.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I wanna know why you threatened my freaking girlfriend!" He yelled. What is he talking about?

"What are you talking about?" I wondered.

"Lacey just dumped me because you're jealous of her! You don't want to share me, which makes no sense because the last time I checked, you hate me!"

"And I guess she can add your name to the list of stupid boys that she's lied to," I mumbled.

"Don't ever speak to me, look at me, be in the same room as me, or even breathe the same air as me, because you're dead to me!" He charged out of the room, and slammed the door behind him.