Chapter 6

Emma's P.O.V

I walked back upstairs, and crawled in my warm bed. I was already in pajamas, because I changed clothes right before Hayes accused me of something I didn't even do.

Hayes' P.O.V

I hadn't called Nila yet, but she wouldn't mind if I stayed at her house for the rest of the month. What was I thinking? I actually thought that I had a crush on the girl who ruined my first relationship in a long time. I hesitantly pulled out my phone, and dialed Nila's number.

"Hayes? Are you ok?" She asked sweetly.

"Yeah, I'm ok. I just wanted to let you know that I'm gonna stay with you for the rest of December, if that's ok with you," I said.

"Of course it's fine! I'll come pick you up. Where are you at?"

"I'm on a bus right now, and I'm headed to Charlotte," I answered.

"When you get off the bus, meet me in the airport parking lot, and I'll come pick you up," She commanded me. I agreed, and we hung up. I was about an hour away, so she'll be there on time. Soon enough, I was falling asleep.

"Kid? Kid? Kid wake up!" I heard someone screaming at me.

"W-what? Where are we?" I looked around.

"We're about a mile away from the airport. Is this your stop?" The bus driver wondered.

"Yeah, thanks for waking me up," I yawned as he accepted the $5 bill I held out to him. I hopped off the bus, and walked towards the airport. When I was close, I saw Nila's car, and I ran up to it, and banged on the window with my fist.

"Oh! You're here!" She unlocked the car door, and I got in. "So how has life been these past few days? You just went back to your mom's house a few days ago, why are you coming back already?"

"Oh, it's just this girl that I kinda liked. That girl, Emma, she and I kissed, and then I got together with this girl, Lacey, who is really nice, but then on our date, she dumped me because Emma threatened her. So now we're both mad at eachother, and I don't want to see her face right now," I explained.

"Did you just kiss Emma, and then get together with Lacey? And did you let Emma explain herself?" Nila asked.

"Well, not really. I kissed Emma, and then a couple days later, I got with Lacey. There was some time between the events. And I was too mad to let her explain. But there's still no reason for her to be mad!" I yelled.

"Oh, I see. But Hayes, I agree with Emma on this one. You can't just kiss a girl, and then go out with a different one a few days later. Girls can be really sensitive when it comes to guys sometimes. And maybe she didn't do anything. Did it ever occur to you that maybe Lacey was lying?"

"Nila, can we just go back to the house? I'm tired, I don't feel good, and my palms are all sweaty. But at the same time, I'm hungry, and it's hard to sleep," I whined.

"Ok, let's get home, and we'll see if you're sick," She suggested. We rode home and just talked about random things. As we got closer to the house, I was feeling better. But it didn't go away. I didn't feel icky, but I just didn't feel right. So I must not have a fever. Did I have a virus? What's wrong with me?