Chapter 5

Emma's P.O.V

 I ran out of my room, and sat on the couch.

 "Like I said before, screw him. Hayes is a total piece of crap anyways!" Nash threw his hands up.

 "No he's not a piece of crap, but you're too good for him, Em. Don't cry over him, ok?" Callie always  makes me feel better.

 "I'm not crying because I'm sad. I'm crying because I never knew that it was humanly possible to hate someone as much as I hate Hayes," I mumbled.

 "Oh, well then I guess it's a good thing that Hayes is staying with our mom for the rest of December, so you won't be seeing him," Nash informed me.

 "But what about your birthday? He can't miss that! And Christmas? And New Years? He just got so mad at me for literally no freaking reason, and all he said was something about me threatening Lacey! I thought she was my friend, but I also thought that Hayes was my friend too, so I guess I'm not always right," I exclaimed.

 "But Emma, not everybody is going to like you. Not everybody is going to be your friend. Not everybody is going to treat you right. Trust me, I should know! Middle school sucked for me! I only had an 11 year old sister, and a 14 year old bestfriend. When Gianna from church said the same thing to Nash  about me before we were dating, I wanted to rip her head off. I still do, but I learned that karma sucks, and a few weeks after she said that, she broke both of her legs! So don't worry, because Lacey is going to get what she deserves one day," Callie said.

 "Thanks Cal. But everyone except for Hayes has always been my friend. It's just so weird knowing that I have one less friend!" I dug my face into the couch. The doorbell rang, and Nash answered it.

 "What do you want now?" Nash wondered.

 "I'm just here to say goodbye to you guys. I'm leaving in a few minutes," Hayes told us as he walked in. "I'll see you in 2015 Callie." He gave my sister a hug. "I'll see you soon Nash. Happy early birthday, and sorry I won't be here with you to celebrate it, but something is driving me away." He glared at me as Nash gave him a hug.

 "Oh shut the he-" I started.

 "Emma," Callie warned me.

 "You know what Hayes? You are such a freaking piece of crap, no wonder Lacey dumped you. She's just adding you to the pile of guys who aren't good enough to play games with her. Every girl in our school can see that she's just trying to find a boy to sleep with, even though we're only 14!" I yelled. It's true. She's only 14, but she also likes to act older than she is.

 "Emma I will slap you if you don't cleanse your mouth with the words of the bible, now stop accusing Lacey of wanting to sleep with boys!" Callie yelled back at me. Nash started laughing, and I was confused until I realized that he was laughing at the thing that Callie said about cleansing my mouth.

"Yeah go cleanse your pathetic mouth, and shut the he-" Hayes started.

 "Hayes," Nash warned. in case you haven't noticed, Nash and Callie are really good at cutting us off.

 "Bye, merry Christmas, and happy new year." He said. I stuck my middle finger up at Hayes when the lovebirds weren't looking at us, and Hayes rolled his eyes as he left my house.