Chapter 35

Emma's P.O.V
Ethan and I walked back to the hotel room, while Grayson told the others that we were back.
"Thank you for everything," I sighed.
"It really wasn't a problem," He started. We set the bags down on my bed, and sat down. "We should hangout sometime, after this is over."
"Yeah," I laughed. "You and Grayson are some of the funniest guys I have ever met." He gave me a hug, and ruffled my hair. "Hey! Stop that!"
"No, you're just so cute!" He gritted between his teeth as he grabbed my cheeks. I giggled, and kissed his cheek in a friendly way. That must've given him the wrong message, because he immediately crashed his lips onto mine. And of course, out of all people, Hayes walks in, and starts freaking out.
"W-what the hell is going on in here?!" He nearly yells.
"I can explain. I gave Ethan a frien-" I tried to say.
"Save your breath. I don't wanna hear it. Jordan left this morning, and I was gonna ask you out later, but I guess that's not happening," He mumbled.
"Oh my god," I whispered. "You have it all wrong! He kissed me, and that isn't what I wanted!"
"I don't believe you," He growled right before he slammed the door. Ethan had apparently left while Hayes and I were arguing, leaving me alone. The tears in my eyes rolled down my cheek, and it burned my skin. I was currently standing, but my body made its way to the wall, and I sat down with my back on the wall. I held my legs, and just cried into them, even though it hurt. I must've cried for hours, because Taylor walked in a little while later.
"Emma, it's 11:30 at night. Do you wanna come back to the beach for the bonfire? Wait," He said as he studied me. "What's wrong?"
"E-Ethan kissed m-me," I sniffled. "And Hayes w-walked in."
"Oh god," He muttered under his breath. "What happened after that?"
"He said that we weren't gonna get back together!" I whined. Taylor walked over to me, and gave me a hug.
"It'll be okay. I promise," He whispered into my ear as he rocked me back and fourth. I cried into his shoulder, and he picked me up bridal style. I could feel the cold air from outside hit my body.
"What's wrong?" Everyone was wondering. Well, everyone except Ethan and Hayes. My eyes were screwed shut, and I didn't dare to open them.
"Ask Hayes," Taylor shot back. He set me down in a hammock, and I gradually opened my eyes, only to find Hayes right next to me.
"I love you, even if we're apart. I would never hurt you. I know that we used to fight, and we used to hate eachother, but I love you now. Ethan is my friend. He got the wrong idea when I gave him a friendly kiss on the cheek. Why don't you believe me?" My voice cracked at the last part.
"I, uh..." He was at a loss for words. "You're my biggest fear."
"Excuse me?" I managed to ask in between gasps for air. He just made me choke on my own spit.
"Sorry, that came out wrong. My biggest fear is losing the thing that I love the most. You." I looked back at the others, who were over by the water, goofing around, while we were still here.
"Then why did you leave me?! I couldn't even explain myself! My biggest fear is loosing you too. I've been crying since 5:15 this evening. Why would you do that to me?" I tried to swallow the familiar lump in my throat.
"Because I was scared. I really thought that you were leaving me for Ethan," He mumbled.
"Of course not! You are more than I have ever wanted. You mean so much more to me than Jack. You mean more to me than the boys. Even Callie. They are so close to me, but the love of my life will always come first. Read my lips. I love you Hayes," I announced.
"I love you too." A tear slipped out of his eye, and I just wrapped my arms around his neck, while his were around my waist. We stared into eachother's eyes for a second, before crashing our lips together. I missed everything about his kisses. He pulled away, and put a strand of my hair behind my ear.
"Will you be my girlfriend again?" He questioned.
"Yeah." I buried my head into his chest, and inhaled his scent. "You smell good," I giggled.
"Why thank you," He laughed.
"Do you wanna go down there?" I pointed to the other side of the beach, where everyone was pushing eachother down.
"Nah, let's just stay up here. I miss holding you," He answered. We sat on the hammock, and layed down, until sleep took over us.
___________________________
I was listening to an upbeat song while writing the sad portion, so I changed it to a sad song😂I didn't totally follow the storyline that I wrote😂but FRIDAY IS MY LAST DAY BEFORE SPRING BREAK AND TODAY IS WEDNESDAY👌I auditioned for my grade's talent show (500 people per grade) and it sucked so I had to go to callbacks😑but they're telling us who go in on Friday! And I was in it last year, so I'm not too nervous bc they let pretty much everyone in. But I'm supposed to be singing Skinny Love (Birdy) so yeahhh😚story is ending soonnn😭but THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL! Ilyasm😘
Instagram: @_tay_bug_7890_