Book 3: Chapter 20

Start from the beginning

"Are you sure that you're alright Finley?" Hermione asks as she gently adjusts her hold on Finley's body.

"I'll be fine, let's just find Ron and get the hell out of here," Finley says, not liking where the tunnel was leading to.

The tunnel eventually lead to a trap door, and in the trap door the three friends could hear the whimpers. "That's probably Ron," Finley says.

"I'll go ahead and check first," Harry suggests before holding onto something to climb. And soon he held out his hand to help Hermione in, and both of them helped Finley seeing as she was the one injured.

"We're in the shrieking shack, aren't we?" Hermione asked looking around the broken down home.

"I hate this place already," Finley grumbles as she looked around the dusty old broken home that swayed in the wind. "It's looked wicked from afar, up close and inside it's the definition of evil."

"Come on," Harry called, leading the two girls up the stairs searching. As they reached the second floor, screams were heard, it was until Harry looked into a room that he saw Ron.

"Ron! Are you okay?"

"The dog where is it?"

Finley observed the room Ron was in and froze, there was no dog, it was a man. An animagus, and who knew.

"It's a trap. He's the dog! He's an animagus!" Ron rambled pointing at something in the corner of the room. The two teens looked towards where Ron pointed and saw Finley standing frozen by the door a few feet away from the thin and grim looking man.

Shallow faced, wearing tattered stripped clothing of a prisoner. He looked sick and horrifying, the four teens were left speechless. It was Sirius Black. The man who sold his best friends to the dark lord, the man who murdered his best friend and thirteen muggles in cold blood. The first man to ever escape Azkaban, was standing in front of four third years, and looked like he was out for blood.

"Harry, get back," Finley manages as he held out her good hand in attempt to shield away her gryffindor friends. She slowly backed away from the slowly advancing criminal, as she cautiously did so, her hand was now visibly shaking violently.

It didn't matter if her friends could see it, she was set on protecting her friends now from the serial killer, Sirius Black.

"If you want to kill Harry, you have to kill us too!" Finley heard Ron warn, even if his voice was squeaking and shaken, he tried his best to stand and protect Harry even with a bad leg. But still Sirius continued to walk forward slowly and still his eyes were sent on one target.

"Didn't you hear me? I said you'll have to kill us first before you kill Harry!" Ron yelled in attempt to startle the man.

"No," the criminal's voice said, hoarse and scratchy. As if he was deprived of water for over a decade, "Only one will die tonight."

"That'll be you!" Harry screamed, pulling Finley back and charging towards Sirius, choking him and pulling him to the ground. Harry's wand was out, pointed towards Sirius Black. But as Finley watched the scene unfold, the criminal did not make a move of defence, he let Harry take him down.

Something was off.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" Sirius laughed as if he was going insane. His teeth baring with stains of dirt in between, silly for Finley to take note.

'Next time I think about murdering Pansy, I'll remember that they don't have toothbrushes in Azkaban,' Finley thought and instantly scolding herself, this was not the time to remember Pugsy Parkinson.