16

Mary and Golide managed to catch up to Kid and Neon. Neon seemed to be in a much bruised up state. "You okay?" Goldie asked.

Neon nodded, "can I just stop one moment?" Neon begged.

Mary allowed everybody to stop, "we'll call a jet to come down and get us," she informed.

"I'll do it," Goldie informed pulling out his phone and pressing it to his ear.

"Hey Kid," Neon beckoned. She waddled over to him and stood before him, "got something for you. Have you noticed anything missing on you?"

Kid blinked several times as she looked herself over. Missing?

Her hair suddenly fell in front of her face; she patted her head and searched for her ribbon by touch. She went wide eyed as she checked the rest of her head.

Neon snickered as he pulled some grey ribbon out of his pocket, "was tangled in your web. Managed to find it before we had to run away," Kid smiled as she went to grab it, he pulled it away and the two were in a reach and grab game.

All of a sudden, Goldie's voice became louder, catching everybody's attention. He requested a jet come down to collect them, but after a moment, he started yelling into the phone and arguing with a computer. "Hey! Come on, all I'm asking is you bring down a jet!" he exclaimed, "no, not a pet, a jet! A jet... no, we don't need a net, we need a Jet! J-E-T Jet!" he yelled. Kid and Neon chuckled as this continued for another thirty seconds until Mary found no more amusement in this as she snatched the phone from him.

"May we please have a jet come down and collect two kids, one adult and a village idiot, please?" Mary requested clearly.

Goldie punched Mary in the arm. "Alright, thank you," Mary said handing back the phone, "it's all about communication."

"It's not nice to call yourself a village idiot, Mary," Goldie replied smiling.

"Well I wasn't gonna go calling you an adult, now was I, Goldie?" Mary countered.

Neon sat down on the ground while Kid stood before the two supposed adults. Goldie eventually broke away to sit next to Neon. Mary looked up to the airship while Kid faced her and smiled, "you okay?" Mary asked.

Kid nodded and managed a smile. That's when she heard it, the loud screech of that bird. Kid went wide eyed looking for it; everybody else heard it as well and scanned the sky momentarily for it. "Must've been a hawk," Mary dismissed.

Kid continued to look around the sky and gulped, where was it?

Then she saw it, the bird came out of one of the clouds and was coming straight towards them. Kid stared in horror as she pointed to the approaching bird. Mary took one look over her shoulder before turning back and launching herself at Kid, pushing her over. But Kid didn't feel the suddenly weight of Mary fall on top of her. She watched as Mary's hands left Kid's shoulders and Mary continued flying past and above Kid.

Kid yelled as Goldie and Neon yelped in their own surprise. "Mary!" Goldie yelled as he ran after her.

Neon attempted to stand, but as soon as weight went on his leg, it gave out and he was forced to kneel. "What the freaking hell was that?" Neon snapped pointing to it.

Kid shook her head; she didn't know what it was.

Just that Goldie was gonna have to run a very long way if he wanted to catch her.

Neon pushed off of Kid's shoulder and managed to stand, "come on, we'd better start catching up to them," he winced as he walked. They managed to make it ten metres and Goldie and Mary were out of sight.