135

Neon didn't believe in luck.

He thought everything was just chance or a decision in life.

But never luck.

But his current situation was certainly bordering on the belief of luck.

The wall around Neon seemed to take more of the blow than Neon and he fell backwards from the force into the building. The bricks piled around, and dust lingered in the air. He remained lying there staring up at the cracked ceiling. With the amount of exhaustion that filled Neon, physically and mentally, he just laid there, no matter how uncomfortable the bricks he laid on were and how painful the bricks crushing his arms were.

The air was very dirty, but he was greedy with it and sucked it in.

Live stood where she was and almost sighed with relief. So Kid was paying attention.

She was nearby.

She was honestly hoping that Kid would intervene with this blow. And so she had, the actual hit went straight through the theif and hit the wall behind him, throwing him back but not incinerating him.

Live looked around the place lazily, scanning for Kid who was undoubtedly nearby.

Soon she was kneeling over Neon, staring at his shocked face somewhat amused as she held his cheek. He hardly reacted, she doubted he even knew she was there.

She leaned down and kissed him again, just softly, and remained there for a long moment. "Thank God..." she mumbled before rising and looked down to him. Looking around Live sighed, "You're nearby, panda..." Even though the sky was grey and thick with the smoke that blinded the few people, rays of sunlight battled to get through, or at least the early rays did.

Live smirked as morning started to dwell about. "Wait for it..." she mumbled holding a hand up to block whatever sun may escape to touch her.

The smoke clouds became a shield to block what laid beyond.

The moon was approaching the sun in the same motion, and was now just beginning to cover it up. Live remained standing there as darker shadows gradually casted over Delco City. Even before it had finished, Live continued to smile. "I have more time then you think." She looked down to Neon, somewhat wondering if he understood what was happening. "An eclipse is a strange thing Neon." She kneeled down to him again and removed one of the locks of hair that seemed out of place, "It makes the night last just that little bit longer." Neon groaned softly under her touch, his eyes slowly flickering open from awareness.

"It makes my time a little longer too," she informed. Neon's eyes opened entirely, at first wide, but she could see he wasn't completely aware of anything just yet. "Shh." She hushed him as she ran her fingers over his eyes to close them. "Solar eclipses will hurt your eyes if you stare."

Neon's body still tingled with painful discomfort. But Live's touch was almost a comfortable one across his eyes. A solar eclipse?

Of all the days...

That was clever.

Clever timing on their part.

If anything, it made more sense, but also increased the possibility for Kid to be found. He wanted Live to possibly go away so he could try and find the others, but her presence still loomed over him. Live wouldn't have a whole lot of extra time, so if she wanted to find Kid before it was too late, she needed to leave now to make the time effective.

But his thoughts came to a crashing stop as he felt her lips upon his again. They were a soft invasion upon him. Neon hadn't felt the first kiss, but this one was registering loud and clear and felt like it was over far too quickly for him.