We Might Not Have Tomorrow (Isaac and Allison)

Isaac Lahey throws his jacket on his bed of his new apartment, and he flops down next it. It was nice to be by himself for once, not that he didn't appreciate what Chris was doing for him. It was always his dream to run away from Beacon Hills, from his father mostly, but he didn't want to leave like this. He barely made it through Allison's funeral, keeping his face buried into Derek's collar throughout most of it. Allison didn't want a funeral, he figured, but funerals are for the living.

     When Chris had invited him to accompany him to France, Isaac jumped at the chance. They stayed with other hunters, some that would love to kill Isaac, until Chris was called home. He left Isaac with the keys to an apartment, and Isaac had already gotten a job at a local coffee shop.

    Isaac almost drifts off when his phone beeps, and he sees that it is a video call from Scott. Isaac grins to himself as he answers, and soon his best friend's familiar face grins at him. "Hey, Is." Scott says, he looks tired but happy. Isaac can see the top of someone's head resting on Scott's shoulder, and he can hear what sounds like Stiles talking to someone off camera.

     "Hey, Scott." Isaac says, turning on his side. Scott opens his mouth to say something, but his phone gets snatched out of his hand.

     "Are you eating properly? Did you get the care package Stiles and I sent?" Derek asks, and Isaac smiles at him. Stiles snatches the phone from Derek, and Isaac hears Scott making sounds of protest in the background.

    "I see you're wearing one of the several scarves I made sure to add." Stiles says, and his voice sounds proud. Isaac looks over at his pile of clothes that has around ten scarves piled on top. He wore one once, and now Stiles like to give them to him as often as he could.

     "Yes, thank you, Stiles." Isaac says, and Stiles looks entirely to pleased with himself. Derek takes back the phone with a mocking glare at his boyfriend, and smiles at Isaac. Derek opens his mouth to say something, but Scott takes his phone back.

     "How are you?" Scott asks, softly. Isaac smiles at him before he yawns. He misses Scott, more than he wants to admit, and he misses the others too.

     "I'm good. Tired, but good. Has Argent gotten there yet?" Isaac asks, and Scott nods his head. Scott's phone slips some, and Isaac sees that it is Kira who's dozing on Scott's shoulder. She cracks her eyes open to give him a lazy wave before closing her eyes again, and Isaac shakes his head fondly.

     "Okay, we miss you." Scott admits, and a pang hits Isaac's chest.

     "I miss you all." Isaac whispers, and Scott turns the phone around so that Derek and Stiles can wave at him before he waves.

     When Scott signs off, Isaac stares at his phone until he falls asleep.

****

     Isaac's alarm wakes him up in the morning, and he groans in his sleep before getting up. His hair is wildly sticking up in every direction as he steps into the shower. He showers quickly before putting on his work uniform, and he makes his way down the stairs.

      One of the things Isaac likes most about this small town is that he can walk everywhere. Chris left him a car to use when he needs it, but he enjoys the walk. He waves at the old woman who lives in the apartment next to him, Isaac has learn with his broken French that he reminds her of her late husband, and she waves back.

     Isaac arrives at work right on time, and his boss shoves him to the front to help the customers. He smiles at the customers, Isaac knows enough of the language to speak it despite his father telling him on daily basis that he was stupid, and he makes coffee.