Long Hair Don't Care (But Derek Does)(Derek and Lydia)

So if any of you follow me on Snapchat you know that I have insanely puffy, curly hair and this is most based on a true story. But I'm not married. Side Sterica and Scira. This is Dydia. 

Lydia yawns to herself as she gets ready for bed, she has a routine, and Derek watches her out of the corner of his eye. He pretends not to watch his wife, she feels his eyes on him, and she smiles to herself. Lydia runs her hand through her hair to finger brush it and she puts some mouse in her hair while she sits down in front of the mirror to put moisturizer on her face after taking off her makeup for the day. Derek is laying shirtless in bed, reading one of his boring history books that Lydia buys him since he refuses to read books on the Kindle that Stiles and Erica got him for Christmas.

"Did you have a good day, honey?" Lydia asks, and Derek makes a humming noise as he reads. Lydia smiles, it's the best she's probably going to get, and she takes off her robe to go to bed in her large shirt that Derek brought for himself but they both knew she was going to take it. Lydia climbs into her side of the bed, turning off her lamp, and she yanks back some of the blankets since Derek is a cover hog. Derek chuckles softly as he turns his head to kiss her lips once before she turns on her side. "I love you, Derek. Goodnight, see you in the morning." Lydia says, like she does every night.

"I love you too, Lydia." Derek says, and Lydia smiles to herself as she falls asleep. Derek always stays awake for a few more minutes, sometimes hours if he likes what he's reading, and he turns off his lamp before he curls around his wife as he drifts off to sleep.

****

"What have you done different with your hair? It looks nice." Erica says, and Lydia looks up at her from where she was grading students' papers. Lydia turns her head to look down at her hair and she hums to herself. She has noticed that it looks curlier in the morning, and she turns to look at her coworker and friend. "I mean it always looks nice, but it looks different." She adds on, twirling her wedding ring on her finger like she always does when she's thinking. "Anyways. Kira and me are going out for drinks tonight, you in?" Erica asks, and Lydia nods her head.

"Yeah, does Scott want Derek to come or does he not want another repeat of the yelling at the screen during baseball?" Lydia asks, and Erica giggles as she nods her head. Derek doesn't really like anyone, he likes their dog and he likes Lydia some of the time, so she's not surprised that her best friends don't get along with him. "Derek likes messing with Stiles about the Mets." Lydia jokes, and Erica giggles as she nods her head.

"Yeah, it's funny to watch him get worked up." Erica says, and Lydia chuckles as she nods her head. She likes to tease Derek about his love of sports; as well as, his love of books. Its fun to get him worked up because it often leads them to have some very hot sex, so she does more often than not, and she looks down at her papers to grade. "I hate when I tell my kids to use pens and they insist on writing in pencil. It annoys me greatly." Erica says, and Lydia chuckles in agreement.

****

"How do I look? Good enough for drinks?" Lydia asks, spinning around in her dress. Derek looks up from where he was reading an essay, he teaches at community college while Lydia teaches eighth grade, and he looks her up and down. She sees the look in his eyes, the one she loves so much, and she walks over when he beckons her over. He turns in his sit before he pats his legs for her to sit down, and she straddles his lap. "So? Yes or no?" Lydia asks, smoothing down her dress. Her wedding ring is on display, she loves it, and it's simple but beautiful like Derek.

Derek leans up to kiss her, and she turns her head so he doesn't smear her lipstick but he chases after her lips with a soft smile, and she leans down to smooth her hands over his shirt with a sigh. "I'll be back by eleven." Lydia tells him, and Derek nods his head before pulling her into another kiss. "I'll miss you. Have fun by yourself." Lydia says, and Derek smiles up at her before he kneads his hands into her ass to make her moan. "I'm already late." Lydia hisses, and Derek gives her a smug grin while he hikes up her dress.