The Elevator Girl (Allison and Lydia)

There's woman that lives on Lydia's floor that rides the elevator with her when she leaves and when she comes home. She has to have a stressful job like Lydia's since they work the same hours, Lydia teaches Biology at the community college in the north side of town, but Lydia never asks. The woman has to be her age, maybe a year or so older, with brown hair that is usually styled differently from day to day. Today she has it curled around the ends in a ponytail with her bangs in a bump.

The woman always has on scrubs, and today is no different. They're spring themed with flowers and suns on them, somehow they manage not to look silly, and the woman has on her patented pink Nike's that she wears everyday. Some days she wears glasses or earrings or bracelets, but never rings on any of her fingers.

They do this everyday, sometimes Lydia will be the first on the elevator sometimes the brown haired woman. They share smiles, but nothing more. No hello's or goodbye's or how was your day's. Just sweet smiles that Lydia returns when ever she gets the chance. Lydia wonders what her name is, if she would tell her if she asked, but she's too afraid too. She doesn't know why, maybe it's because she hasn't moved on from her last girlfriend, well she has she just feels the crushing sense of rejection bubbling at her bones still after eight months.

The woman always lets her walk out of the elevator first when they get to the lobby, always not matter what, and still they don't speak. Lydia nods her head in thanks, and the woman gives her a smile before they go their separate ways.

Lydia may or may not be in love with the woman in the elevator.

****

Lydia finds out the woman's name is Allison completely by accident. They're going to work on a Monday, and the woman has her hands full of folders as she rushes towards the elevator that Lydia stops for her. The woman smiles at her in thanks before she drops the folders on accident, and they both lean down at the same time to pick them up.

Lydia sees a paper with the name Allison on it, and she see a name tag with the woman's face with the name Allison on it. Lydia repeats the name in her head over and over again while sweeps up the rest of the papers trying not to topple over in her heels. When she stands up to hand the papers over, she notices that the woman is blushing and Lydia doesn't know why.

Maybe introducing herself would make herself look less insane, but Allison is standing up to reorganize her papers and Lydia feels the moment pass her by. They ride the rest of the way in the same silence that they're used to, and Allison gives Lydia a look over her shoulder before heading to her car.

Lydia drifts throughout the day, teaching her lesson almost on autopilot. It isn't until she goes to lunch with a friend does she snap out it. "So I told him that it was his turn to take out the trash, and then he was all like 'Stiles, I did it last time' and you know Derek so I. Are you even listening?" Stiles asks, snapping his fingers in her face.

"Yeah. You and Derek argued about taking out the trash for about forty five minutes before Derek did because you could get away with murder with him. I'm guess you then blew him on the couch or something?" Lydia says, and Stiles turns a faint shade of pink making her assume she is right.

"Did something happen with the elevator girl?" Stiles asks, and Lydia sighs some but she doesn't say anything to him. He's her best friend, but she needs to keep something to herself. She hadn't really told Stiles much about Allison, other than why he managed to talk out of her by bugging her, and she just picks at her salad. "Come on, Lyds. You can tell me anything. I won't tell a soul." Stiles promises, and Lydia snorts.

"You'll tell Derek who will tell Erica who will Boyd who won't even listen, but then Erica will tell everyone else." Lydia says, and Stiles gives her a look of disbelief before reluctantly nodding his head.