Braeden's Secret Shame (Derek and Braeden)

So I recently found out that Meagen Tandy  (Bae) was a former beauty queen and this came out of it. Side Sterica

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Erica is running up the stairs as fast as she can since she's running late for nothing in particular and she needs to show Stiles something important, and she moves to let herself into Derek and Stiles' apartment. "Look who finally decided to show up. Aren't you usually here first thing in the morning?" Derek says, and Erica glares at him before she throws herself into Stiles' lap. Stiles grins at her before kissing her, and she smiles at him happily.

"Hey, baby." Stiles mumbles,and Erica nuzzles into his neck before sighing. Stiles runs his hand down her back while he watches television, and Derek rolls his eyes at them before he moves to sit down in his chair. "Aw, poor Derek misses Braeden." Stiles says, and Derek narrows his eyes at him in warning while Erica laughs at his face. "Why is your heart beating so fast?" Stiles asks, the palm of his hand resting against Erica's chest while he looks at her curiously. Erica gives him a confused look before she remembers what she needed to tell him, and she sits up quickly before shaking Stiles.

"I have found the greatest thing ever in existence." Erica says, and Stiles laughs softly while he looks at her. Erica digs in her pocket for her phone while Stiles waits patiently, and she scrolls through her phone. "You and your stupid kissable lips and comfortable lap made me forget." Erica mumbles, and Stiles smiles down at her fondly. "Okay, so last night I was messing around online and somehow I found an old picture of Braeden when she was like sixteen or fifteen." Erica says, and Derek looks at her curiously. He hasn't seen a picture of his girlfriend that wasn't taken before she was twenty. "Or should I say Miss Teen Texas 2002?" Erica says, turning her phone around.

"Oh, my fucking god." Stiles says, taking her phone to look at it. It's Braeden all right, her face hasn't been scarred yet but she still has that same gleam in her eyes as she stands in a ball gown. "Derek, dude. Oh, my god. Thisis the greatest thing I have ever seen. Besides Erica naked."Stiles says, and Derek snatches the phone away making Stiles pout.

Derek flips though Erica's phone while he reads the small article, and he doesn't believe that Braeden had never told him about this. "She won the swimsuit competition and the talent show." Derek reads, and Stiles laughs.

"What was her talent? Beating people up?" Stiles says, and Erica giggles at him while she moves to take her phone back. Stiles reads over her shoulder while she scrolls through it, and he hums in amusement. "She can play piano.Of course, she can." Stiles says, and Erica nods her head while she moves to scroll down until she finds a video of the pageant. Erica and Stiles share a twin look of happiness before she presses play,and Derek moves to sit on the couch next to Stiles to watch with them.

"So Braeden, what do think is the most important thing for a young woman to see in the media?" The man interviewing her asks, and they watch as Braeden's mind works quickly and she smiles at the camera. Derek knows that's a fake smile, he knows her real smiles are rare and he's been blessed to see them every so often.

"I think that women, especially young women, need to see a strong role model in the media. They need to know that they can be a badass but still feminine. There's no wrong way to be a woman, we're all different and unique, so I think it's important to know that you don't have to be like everyone else to be a strong woman and even if you are like everyone else you're still amazing." Braeden says, and Derek bites back a smile as he watches her. She has to be sixteen since it's two thousand two, and Derek smiles as he watches her wave as she walks off the stage.

"This is amazing." Stiles says,and Erica nods in agreement while she relaxes against him. "Are you going to say something to her about it?" Stiles asks Derek, and Derek rolls his eyes at him before he moves to sit down again. "Dude,please. You have to." Stiles says, and Erica nods her head in agreement while she moves to snuggle closer to him.

"Yeah, you need to tell her.It'll be funny and she never talks about her life." Erica says, and Derek doesn't bother looking at them while he moves to open his book again to ready. "Whatever, Derek. Come on, Stiles, let's do something." Erica says, standing up to pull on Stiles' hand. Stiles smiles at her before standing and he looks at Derek.

"When she says something, she means fuck." Stiles tells him, and Derek glares at him while Stiles flees gleefully from the room with his girlfriend. Derek shakes his head, he wishes that Erica could date someone that didn't annoy the fuck out of him, and he hears the sound of Stiles' door slamming shut. Why he decided to let Stiles live with him while he went to college is a testament to how much he loves Erica, and Derek sighs as he looks on his phone to see pictures of Braeden. He wanted to be able to ignore what Erica shows him, Derek wants to respect Braeden's past like she respects his, but when he sees her in a ball gown he has to know about this.

****

"I'm back!" Braeden calls, and she waits for Derek to find her. She's not going to admit it, but she likes when Derek greets her when she gets back. It's something that makes her feel normal about everything, and she hears someone walking towards her. "Stiles." She says, almost bored. She likes him well enough, but he's not the person she's looking for.

"Hey, B. How was your trip? Kill anyone famous?" Stiles asks, and Braeden gives him a bored look while she moves to find Derek. She finds him fast asleep on the couch, his hand over his eyes while he dozes, and Braeden lays on top of him. Derek groans softly at the weight of someone on him, and he lazily peeks under his arm before grinning at her.

"Hey, Brae." Derek says,sleepily. Sleepy Derek is one of Braeden's favorite Derek's, and she leans forward to kiss his lips once before curling into him. "Missed you." Derek mumbles, and Braeden smiles against his skin while she relaxes more. Derek circles his arms around her with a soft smile, he always feels better when she gets back, and Stiles moves to watch them. He's dying to say something, and he can't stop his mouth.

"I thought your dream was to be a vet, not an assassin?" Stiles says, and Braeden lifts her head upto look at him. "Because you love animals?" Stiles says, making reference to another interview that Braeden did. "I'm Braeden Barrow, from Dallas, Texas, and when I grow up I want to be a veterinarian because I love animals." Stiles says, reciting from the pageant. He waves his hand like she did in the video and recognition passes over her face, and she digs her nails into Derek's chest before standing.

"You little shit." Braeden says, and Stiles screeches in fear before he turns to run away. Erica runs downstairs at the sound of Stiles in danger, and she flashes her fangs at Braeden. It's all fun and games, but her Stiles isn't getting hurt. "How did you find that out?" She snarls, and Stiles hides behind Erica.

"I did and it was funny. You were cute." Erica says, crossing her hands over her chest while Derek sighs before standing. Braeden huffs to herself before Derek circles his arm around her waist, and she turns to look at him fondly. "Derek thought it was cute." Erica mumbles, and Derek turns to looks ather.

"Both of you, out." Derek says,and Stiles pouts but nods while he waits for Erica to leave with him.When they're finally gone, Derek turns to look at Braeden before smiling at her. "You are cute. It was cute." Derek says, and Braeden rolls her eyes at him before Derek picks her up and throws her over his shoulder making her laugh in surprise.

"No! Put me down, Derek Hale!"She laughs, and Derek laughs as he puts her down on the bed. Braeden looks at him fondly before he crawls over her to kiss her for the first time in almost two weeks, and she kisses him back with a happy sigh. "You better not tell anyone about that. It was a dark time for me." Braeden tells him, and Derek laughs before kissing her again. "My parents pushed me into it, and you know who competitive I am. I got runner up in the Miss Teen USA, lost to fucking Miss California." Braeden says, and Derek laughs at how angry she still seems after all these years.

 "You are cute." Derek sighs,and Braeden looks at him. "Here she is, Miss America." Derek sings, and only Braeden threatening to make him sleep outside makes him stop.