It Was Only A Kiss (Scott and Isaac)

"Dude, did you finish that paper for American Lit?" Isaac asks, throwing door open to his shared apartment with his best friend. Scott jumps, he always startles when Isaac burst into rooms, and he turns towards him mid bite of his cereal as he makes an 'uh' noise. "It's due next class and I haven't even started. How I am supposed to know what the significance of why the man didn't have a name in "Hills Like White Elephants"?"Isaac says, and Scott swallows his food.

"It's because he's not going to be Jig's life much longer." Scott supplies, and Isaac looks at him with a quirked up eyebrow. "Did you not read it?" Scott asks, and Isaac shakes his head. "It's like five pages and Hemingway."Scott says, giving him a disapproving look. Isaac grins at him while he moves to dig through their refrigerator for something to eat. He gets paid in two days, so he'll buy more groceries. "The professor said we could answer that question or another one. Why don't answer the one about what if you think Jig would have the abortion? Or what the what operation was that the man was talking about which I just told you." Scott says, and Isaac looks at him.

"Because I didn't read it,Scott!" Isaac says, and Scott rolls his eyes. "I'm sorry that I've got bigger plans than taking some stupid English requirement."Isaac says, and Stiles looks at him before rolling his eyes.

"You're a Elementary Education major." Scott says, and Isaac rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, and I don't plan on teaching English. It's all about the science, son." Isaac says, and Scott rolls his eyes as he moves to finish his cereal. "You're a premed major, why do you care so much about literature?" Isaac asks him, and Scott shrugs his shoulders as he moves to stand to get ready for his first class. "Either way. It's what I've going to be doing for the rest of the day while you go to class and work." Isaac tells him, and Scott nods his head while he moves to go to his room to get dressed for the day. Isaac works nights at a diner near the college, and he really wants sleep but he also needs to write that paper.

Scott walks out of his room,smiling softly at Isaac when he sees that he's falling asleep at the table, and Scott pats his back. "Go to sleep, Iz." Scott tells him, and Isaac opens his eyes to look at him before nodding his head while he moves to walk towards his room. "Make sure to set an alarm." Scott tells him, and Isaac nods his head while he moves to shut his door. Scott rolls his eyes fondly as he grabs his keys, and he moves to walk out to his car.

****

Isaac's alarm goes off entirely to soon for him, and he moves to lay his head on his pillow as he stares at his wall. "Nope, not today." Isaac says, turning around to stare at his wall while he rubs his eyes some. He really just wants to sleep, he's always tired now, and he moves to open his eyes so he can start working on something. Isaac yawns as he sits up, it's a little after one in the afternoon and Scott should be home to change for work sometime soon.

Normally, Isaac sleeps until Scott absolutely makes him get up. Isaac has his classes all on Monday'sand Wednesday's, unlike Scott who has them paced throughout the week.Isaac thinks that next semester he'll do his schedule like that, and then just work on weekends. "Isaac. You better be working on that paper in there!" Scott yells,and Isaac groans as he throws his blankets off of himself.

"I'm diligently working, Scott!"Isaac calls to him, and Scott rolls his eyes as he moves to go to his room to change into his work uniform. "I'm on page three of five!"Isaac lies, he's really on about the third sentence, and Scott knows this but doesn't call him on it. Isaac pulls his laptop to the bed,starts typing mindlessly on his keyboard until he gets inspiration to write something for his paper. Scott moves to stick his head into his room, they never knock or anything they just barge in which has lead to make awkward situations of one of them seeing something that they wish that they didn't see but they've never changed regardless.

"I'm sure you're writing as fast as your long fingers can type." Scott says, smiling fondly at him while Isaac rolls his eyes as he moves to turn away from him. "Do you want me to read it before you submit it?" Scott asks, and Isaac nods his head. He always has Scott read his papers before turning them in, what are best friends for Scott always tells him, and Isaac tries to help him in other things like his math.

"Yes. Go or you'll be late for work,okay?" Isaac tells him, and Scott nods his head before he moves to walk towards him. Isaac smiles at him before rolling his eyes when he sees that Scott is reading over his shoulder as he writes, and he waits for Scott's opinion. He watches as Scott's eyes scan the page, and he smiles as he reads onto what Scott has written already on his paper. "So?" Isaac says, and Scott turns to look at him.

"It's good so far." Scott says,and Isaac smiles at him. He's taken off guard when he suddenly feels Scott kiss the side of his mouth, and he looks at Scott in surprise.Scott doesn't even seem to realize what he did, and he moves to get his keys. "I'll see you later." Scott says, and Isaac squeaks out an 'okay' as he goes back to trying to work.

It isn't until Scott is halfway to his car does he realize what he did, and he promptly slips and falls in shock.

****

Isaac thinks about the kiss the entire day, he somehow manages to get his paper finished and uploaded to the discussion board, and he doesn't know what Scott was planning to do after he kissed him. Was it a friendly kiss, Isaac thinks, or was it something else. Isaac huffs to himself, trying to focus on something other than the half hearted kiss. Sure it make Isaac's lips tingle warmly and he hasn't stopped thinking about how Scott's chapped lips felt against his skin.

Eventually, Isaac has to go to work and he really doesn't want to come home to face Scott later that day.He doesn't text him all day, Scott doesn't text him all day which is weird because they're constantly talking, and he sighs as he checks his phone again before he goes to work. He's a little pissed off at Scott, this isn't like him to ignore him, and he stays annoyed all throughout work. Isaac doesn't want to text Scott, he wants to get a feel for him while he moves to walk up the stairs to their apartment.

Isaac keeps having terrible flashes of what this is going to mean, if one of them will have to leave now or if they'll be friends anymore. Isaac doesn't think he can live without Scott, friends or dating or not, and he sighs as he puts his key into the lock to their apartment. Isaac saw that Scott was home,his car was in the parking lot, and he hums to himself while he moves to walk towards the living room. He can't find Scott at first until he walks towards the bathroom where he hears soft music playing.

When Isaac pokes his head into the bathroom, he sees Scott taking a bath with his eyes closed as he relaxes into the warm water. Isaac watches him, watches Scott's eyelids flicker some, and he smiles to himself as he leans against the door frame. Scott didn't hear the door open as he moves turn some in the tub, and he opens his eyes to look at Isaac. "Isaac."Scott says, softly. Isaac looks at him while he moves to blink slowly at him.

"Isn't weird how our dicks float?" Isaac blurts, and Scott laughs in surprise as he moves to sit up some in the water. Isaac doesn't know why he said that, but he feels better now that Scott laughed at him. "What was with the kiss?" Isaac asks him, and Scott sighs as he moves to stand and wrap a towel around his waist.

"I'm sorry, but you were sleepy and cute and it just happened. It felt like we were domestic and dating and it just felt right." Scott sighs, and Isaac sighs as he moves to walk towards him. Scott watches him before kissing him softly, and Isaac kisses him back. He feels so perfect kissing Scott,and Isaac doesn't care that Scott is still wet from his bath. "I feel like I should be apologizing for kissing you." Scott says, and Isaac just rolls his eyes as he kisses him again.  

Originally posted on July 20,2015
Editted on September 15,2015