Scott: The Smother Mother (Scott and Isaac)

Mpreg. Non descriptive scene of birth. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Isaac lazily lounging in the pool, padding his feet in the inter-tube, and he turns when something blocks his light. Isaac doesn't flick back his sunglasses as he looks at his husband and mate, and he looks away as he rests his hand on his large belly. "Yes, I'm wearing sunscreen. No, I haven't eaten lately. No, I'm not hungry. Yes, the baby is fine and wiggling. No, I don't need help getting out. Yes, I'd love a glass of iced tea. Thank you." Isaac says, smirking at him as he paddles away from him as he spins around in the floaty.

Scott sighs loudly as he walks back into the house, Isaac watches him go since he likes the way Scott looks from behind, and he watches him through the patio doors as he gets things together into the kitchen. "Extra ice, my love!" Isaac says, looking at him and he catches Scott rolling eyes but he sees him smiling to himself. Isaac rolls off of the floaty, swimming back up, and he watches as Scott gives him a distressed look since he thinks that he fell down. Isaac watches him as he swims towards the edge of the pool, and it takes him a few times to get himself out of the pool. "Thanks." Isaac says, sitting down in one of the lawn chairs as he looks at him. "How's work going, Scoot?" Isaac asks him, grinning at him as he uses his nickname.

"It's fine. Deaton says I can go on paternity leave whenever since I have seven weeks of vacation time left. I know that the doctor said that you were due around the end of this month, but he said that if you went into labor now it wouldn't be a big deal. But we could do a C-section, we just have to schedule it." Scott says, starting to ramble and Isaac rolls his eyes. He bites his tongue to keep from saying that he was there when the doctor said that since thinking out loud seems to calm Scott. "So I was thinking that if you're not having contractions by the end of this week then I'll take off." Scott adds on as he looks at him.

Isaac crosses his legs as he looks at him, and he turns his head over towards him. "Scott, I love you, but I'm not going to have a doctor cut me open. I want to have a natural birth. We talked about this, and you yelled at the Lamaze teacher. You called her an illiterate cow and she threatened to call the police when you wanted to argue with her." Isaac reminds him, looking at him as he rests a hand on his belly.

"She wasn't giving the best advice to the class, okay? We should have done more research. When we have the next baby, we'll do a home class or video class." Scott says, and Isaac rolls his eyes as he looks at him.

"Next kid? This kid was an accident and I tend to not repeat my accidents. Maybe if he's nice." Isaac muses, and he shakes his head. "No, Stiles said that the first kid is the hardest. He had Haley and then eleven months later he had Ara. I'm not doing that. Not one after the other until we just have an army of small children running around." Isaac says, looking at Scott who looks like the idea of having a houseful of children isn't the worst thing in the world. "Don't give me that stupid doe eyed look of wonder. I hate it." Isaac says, pointing a finger at him.

"I'm not saying anything. I bet that the first month after we have Jade you'll be begging for another kid. Then we wait six weeks after then you have the baby and then we bang." Scott says, and Isaac spits an ice cube at him before he moves to stand up to go use the bathroom. "Come on! Little McCall's running around everywhere. It's going to be great." Scott says, resting a hand on his back to help him into the house. It's something that he's always done, resting his hand on Isaac's back, and he smiles to himself as he walks with him and Isaac won't admit how much he likes it. "Go do something that doesn't involve me and my belly which contains a small person." Isaac says, walking to use the bathroom.

"A small gorgeous baby person." Scott mumbles to himself, and Isaac snorts.

****

"I'm going to have to ask that you stop that." Isaac says, as he keeps his eyes closed. His contractions have been happening ever thirty minutes since they got to the hospital, and he breathes out as feels Derek rub his arm in comfort. Scott is pacing the room, his steps loud and echoing to Isaac's hypersensitive ears, and Stiles skids to a stop. "How much longer?" Isaac wonders, getting a soft snort from Stiles on his left.

"You're only thirty minutes apart. So hours." Stiles says, and Isaac groans. "I'm going to call my dad to check on the girls." Stiles says, standing up to leave. Isaac breathes out as he feels Scott take his place, and he touches his arm before he opens his eyes to look at the extreme look of concentration.

"It doesn't work. You can't take childbirth pain." Derek tells him, his hand moving lower to rub Isaac's back. Isaac makes a happy noise since it feels amazing, and Scott frowns as he looks at Derek. "It just doesn't work in that one situation." Derek says, and Isaac breathes out as he looks at the ceiling as he smacks his dry lips together.

Scott nods his head as he looks at his husband and he kisses his sweaty forehead before he gets him some ice chips. "You look very beautiful." Scott tells him, and Isaac laughs as he looks at him. "I mean it." Scott says, with such honesty that Isaac really doesn't have a choice but to believe him when he says it. "How long was Stiles in labor?" Scott asks Derek, and Derek hums as he looks at him from where he was still rubbing his beta's back.

"With Ara, it was sixty-seven hours. Haley just sort of fell out. I mean like out of nowhere. He was pacing the room and screamed that he thought he was shitting himself, and I saw her crowning and I just picked her up. It was freaky." Derek says, but Isaac just stares at him with wide eyes.

"Sixty-seven hours?! That is almost three fucking days of this shit? No!" Isaac screams, yelling again at a contraction before slumping back to the bed. Scott frowns as he rubs his back soothingly as best he can, and Isaac finally calms down again as a nurse walks into the see how far that he's dilated.

****

"I can't feel my legs." Isaac mumbles, and Scott sighs fondly as he runs his hand through his curly hair. "Or my feet. Or my thighs. I don't think I can normally feel my thighs though so that's okay. At least my arms are moving." Isaac says, sighing as he looks at the giant curtain in front of him. "You look really cute in scrubs." Isaac says, smiling at him. Scott grins at him, pressing a kiss to his forehead but he's wearing a mask so Isaac doesn't feel his lips. Isaac makes noise when he feels tugging and a strange sensation.

"Do you feel that?" Scott asks him, worriedly but Isaac shakes his head as he feels someone take his other hand. He's pretty sure that it's Melissa.

"I want you see the baby. Go stand over there. I want one of us to see it." Isaac says, and Scott nods his head as he moves down before making a face. "Don't make that face." Isaac screams at him, and Melissa laughs softly. Isaac can't make out most of his face because of the mask, but he knows Scott's eyebrows better than almost anything. "How much longer?" Isaac wonders out loud, but he questions gets answered when he sees the doctor raising his baby into the air. Isaac tries to sit up to watch but they take him away. "Where are they taking him?" Isaac demands to know, and Scott moves to follow them while Melissa makes a soft noise.

"It's okay, honey. They're just weighing him and clearing his airways." Melissa tells him, soothingly as she looks at him and she runs her hand through his hair as he lays back down on the bed.

****

"You are the prettiest little boy I have ever seen." Isaac coos at his son, rocking him in his arms as he watches him. "I love you already." Isaac sighs, kissing his mouth that's shaped just like Scott's. "Little Scottie. Baby Scott." Isaac says, and Scott shakes his head. "Fine. Little Camden." Isaac says, and Scott grins at him before he nods his head as he looks at him.

"He's beautiful. Like you." Scott says, running his hand over his son's head that's covered in hair. Isaac snorts as he looks at him, and he lays back down against the bed. "So still not open to the idea of having a houseful of children?" Scott teases him, and Isaac snorts as he looks at him.

"When I get feeling back into my legs I'm going to kick your ass." Isaac jokes, and Scott just laughs as he watches his son and his husband.