Book 3: Chapter 16

Start from the beginning

"Why? They didn't do anything," Finley snapped, clenching her fist. Hearing the subject of suspension on the Gryffindors was brutally unfair. "They weren't in the party, they were here in the school. And I approached them, they didn't approach me!" She sneered, glaring at the professor.

"Such strong and demanding attitude, being cocky just like your father. Then I guess you should've thought about that the moment you spoke to that Mudblood—"

"Don't say that word!"

"And as ignorant as your mother," the professor remarks. "A perfect mix from two of the most horrible people of their time—"

"I'm beginning to think that it was you who was terrible Professor," she said now glaring at the floor, enraged with the professor.

"Look me in the eyes when I am speaking to you Evans!" Snape's voice boomed. But it wasn't Snape anymore, she looked up supposedly to glare at the man but she was alone.

What was going on?

"Long time, no see little snake," something hissed in her ear eerily. She quickly stood from her chair and looked around, no sign of Snape. But there was hissing once again, and just as she thought it was all in her head.

"This is certainly a pleasant surprise." It hissed happily if that were possible, Finley's shaking hand made its way to her pocket, she didn't get to bring her wand.

"Professor?" She called out, hoping that the professor would hear her, wherever he was. The candles on the table fell causing Finley to jump in surprise, afterwards laughing.

"Why are you looking for him when you have us, little snake."

"Who are you! Leave me alone!" Finley screamed, the candles ignited the tables and soon the whole room. Everything happened so fast that Finley had lesser time to react, and there she found the eyes. Red snake like eyes.

"Please, just leave me alone," she cried, the image on the mirror cried too. Walking towards the mirror, she realised that it was her. Why?

"You're me Finley," it said.

"And I will always be a part of you."

No one wondered what kind of pain one would feel during the time of both being burned to death or frozen to death, both gruesome and slow. But the pain has always been a mystery to most, except Finley.

Finley was sprawled on her bedroom floor, only hoping that her sound cancelling charm would hold off until she learns how to heal herself. Sweating profusely at the same time freezing to death, the pain on her shoulder has shocked her whole body to crumple unable to move. The only thing she could do was wait for the pain to magically vanish, not caring on how long it took.

Her shoulder burned and was freezing, and each minute that passed she grew weaker and weaker as the pain spreads. This was how she was spending her evenings since she came back from the holidays. Each night shivering an sweating, both feeling hot and cold, pain shooting on her shoulder like knives repeatedly. Accompanied with that was the punishment she received when the professor asked her in his office, she managed to lift the suspension on the Gryffindors. But aside from that she was still in burning pain.

She wanted to ask for help, truly she did and yet she was there on the cold hard floor praying the night to end.

"Professor Lupin?" The professor jumped in surprise at the voice, turning around and sighed in relief, he was met by a familiar Slytherin student who he smiled fondly at.