Chapter 12: A Mother's Sacrifice

As you all know, Ian is Iris's brother and is married to Iris's best friend, Naomi. Naomi gave birth and they were gifted a daughter called Lara. After Naomi gave birth, Naomi took care of Lara for a year and leave her duty as a queen. A year after Lara was born, Naomi told Ian to take care of Lara.

"Honey, could you please take care of Lara for me?"

"Where...where are you going?"

"I have to go back to my kingdom. My people need me."

"Can't you just leave the job to your friend, Arya?"

"I can't. I have a bad feeling if she took care of the kingdom. I think that she maybe wants the throne, but that's just my guess. Sometimes I don't trust her, and that's why I need to go back to my kingdom. But don't worry, I will visit you both at the end of the month at night. I promise."

Before Naomi gave Lara to Ian, Lara cried and Naomi tried to make Lara sleep. She cried and said to Lara, "I'm so sorry sweetie. I can't take care of you forever. I want to make sure you are both safe. It's not safe for you to follow me. You stay with your father, okay? I promise I will visit you."

She then kissed Lara's forehead and handed Lara to Ian.

"Promise me that you will take care of her?"

"I will, darling. I promise."

"And also promise me that you will wait for me?"

"Yes darling, always. I will never forget you. I will wait for you to come here again."

Ian then hugged and kissed Naomi.

"I love you, darling."

"I love you too, honey. I'm sorry I did this decision."

"It's okay, I understand. You want to protect us both. I know your kingdom is sometimes not safe, and to keep us safe..."

"I had to sacrifice my duty as a mother to my daughter and a wife to you. Will you be okay if I..."

"It's okay darling. You may go, I permit you to leave, but promise me you will visit us?"

"I promise."

Ian then again hugged and kissed Naomi for the last time. After that, Naomi also kissed Lara for one last time. She also put a necklace on Lara's neck.

"Honey, if anything happened to me, I will send a message to this necklace. And also I hope that Lara can rescue me if I'm in trouble. And I hope that you will not tell her about my story. Just change it, but don't tell her about mermaids. If somebody or something meets Lara and said I need help, then tell her the truth about me. Promise me, honey?"

"I promise darling. I will keep this secret until the time comes."

"Thank you, honey. I love you."

"I love you too."

Naomi then waves at Ian and Lara and look at their face one last time. She then later transformed into a mermaid and go back to Cearus.

As Naomi promised, she always visits Ian and Lara but only at night. At that time, Lara is asleep and Naomi doesn't care about it. Every time she visited them both, Naomi always slept with Lara at night until dawn together with Ian. At dawn, Naomi leave and returned to Cearus. Lara didn't even realize that all this time her mother visited and slept with her. To make Lara know where is her mother, Ian always taught Lara that her mother is on another planet to work there and she can't return to Zagary because she's busy. Lara understands that and she can wait for her mother. She didn't care how many years she can wait for her mother to come home because she knew that her mother is busy and can't visit them.