Chapter 37: Spider

One day, Alicia requests Peter and Pauline to go to a secret cave far from Zagary to find someone there. Peter and Pauline are really confused and asked Alicia who is that person, but Alicia won't tell them until they found that person.

After a while, they both arrived at a territory called Sokoto. They go inside the cave that has been marked in their GPS. When they go inside the cave, they are shocked to see a lot of eggs surrounding the cave. Some of them are broken, and some of them are in good condition.

"Who...who is living in this kind of place, honey? This place looks creepy", asked Pauline.

"I don't know, darling. But all I know is the person we looking for is our mother's old friend, and she wants to see if that person is all right", said Peter.

When Peter and Pauline are going inside a space in the cave, they both are shocked to see two human-spider bodies and a human body holding hands with each other, and they all seem to be dead because they somehow turned into a rock.

"Oh my god! What happened here?", said Pauline.

"Is...is this Mommy's friends? A spider?", said Peter in confusion.

Peter then has a video call with Alicia to confirm that those spiders and a human they saw are her friends.

"Hello, sweetheart. So, did you find them yet?", asked Alicia.

"Hi, Mommy! Yes, we found them. Are your friends...is a spider and a human?", said Peter.

"Exactly. How are they?"

"They...they're dead, Mommy."

"Wh-what?! What do you mean?"

"Look at this."

Peter then shows the scene to Alicia, which makes Alicia shocked to see that her friends are dead.

"No...no way. I...I was meeting with them last month and they are fine. How is this happening? Alright, both of you returned back to the HQ. We will visit the cave together tomorrow, and I will tell you about who that is", said Alicia.

"Alright, Mommy. We will be going back now", said Pauline.

Peter and Pauline then use the portal to go back to the Heroes HQ. Then, both of them meet up with Alicia, Aidan, and Annie.

"So, here are some photos we took from the cave. It seems that your friends have died in there for a while, Mommy", said Pauline.

"Sigh. Actually, Mommy, Uncle Aidan, and Aunty Annie have visited our friends here for a long time. Those two human-spider are Megan, which is my friend from high school, and the other one is Regan, Megan's little sister. The human there is Matilda, the older sister of Megan and Regan", explained Alicia.

"Can you tell us the story about them?", asked Peter.

"Sure. I think both of you deserved to know about them", said Alicia.

The story begins when I befriended Megan, and she revealed to me that she's a witch. She told me that she don't want to be a witch, but her mother who is a witch forced her, Regan, Logan who is the oldest child in the family, and also Matilda to become a witch.

One day, once we graduated from high school, Megan didn't meet up with me as we always do at the park. I tried to contact her but failed. Days become weeks, weeks become months, and Megan didn't even communicate with me through calls or even messages. At that time, I think that she must be already moved away from Zagary to follow her mother and learn some witches' stuff even though she didn't like it.

Then, when I was 25 years old, I received a report that a lot of people are missing at a cave near the territory called Sokoto, so I went there. When I go inside the cave, I am shocked to see Megan, but she looks different. She's now a half-human and half-spider. She's having brown long hair, a long brown nail on her hand, and a black spider on her lower body. Luckily, she still remembers me and we have our reunion by giving ourselves a hug and asking what happened to her.