Chapter 23: Betrayal

After Bigenia's castle has exploded, the Heroes team falls back to Zagary to protect Princess Melinda from the criminals who managed to get the Destruction Mask that Bigenia's Royal Family has been keeping safe for a very long time.

They arrived at Zagary's Castle, and the Heroes team with Princess Melinda goes to meet up with King Michael, alongside Peter's mother who is also the leader of the senior Heroes team, Alicia.

"Your Majesty, we have bad news to inform you regarding Bigenia. The castle...has been exploded by unknown criminals that are claimed to coming for the Destruction Mask", said Peter.

"What?! The Bigenia's Castle has been exploded? And what do you mean it happened because they are coming for Destruction Mask? Hold on a minute. Don't tell me that the third Destruction Mask is actually at Bigenia all this time?", said King Michael.

"Yes, your Majesty. My family has kept the mask for a very long time. But somehow, someone knew about the existence of these masks, and they tried to get the mask for themselves. That is why we are calling your kingdom and the Heroes team on this issue. Unfortunately, there is an attack that happened at the castle that shocked all of us. A gang who we believed is trying to get the Destruction Mask has exploded the castle...which has my parents in there. They both sacrificed themselves for me, and also for the kingdom, and now they both are gone. Bigenia has lost its ruler and the monarchy has fallen. Now, the criminals have the Destruction Mask that we have been kept safe all this time", explained Princess Melinda.

"I'm sorry to hear your loss, Princess Melinda. Our kingdom along with the Heroes team will work together to recover your kingdom from these criminals", said King Michael.

"We also need to be careful as well, your Majesty. Who knows these criminals could come to our kingdom and Cearus to take away the Destruction Masks. Since they knew about the mask in Bigenia, they must know the masks are also being kept here and also in Cearus. We must increase our security in our kingdom and Cearus to ensure they will not take these masks. If not, bad things could happen to all of us in the galaxy since these Destruction Masks are powerful", said Alicia.

"You're right, Alicia. I want you to inform Judelle to make sure the safety forces are in maximum attention to these criminals. Princess Melinda, you may stay here until we manage to free Bigenia from all of the mess, and also for your own safety as well. Liam, Isabella, please bring Melinda to our guest bedroom."

"Yes, Father. Come on Linda, let's go", said Prince Liam.

"Thank you very much, your Majesty. I really appreciate the aid you have given me", said Princess Melinda.

Prince Liam and Princess Isabella bring Princess Melinda to the guest bedroom. There, she will stay until Zagary managed to settle up the chaos in Bigenia and also the Destruction Masks.

"Well, this is your room. You can take a rest here, and if you're like ready to explore Zagary, inform me. I will tour you around Zagary", said Prince Liam.

"Wow! Thank you so much, Liam. That's very kind of you. And thank you for letting me stay here", said Princess Melinda.

"No problem, Linda. We want to keep you safe until we settle Bigenia's chaos."

After Prince Liam and Princess Isabella leave Princess Melinda alone, Princess Isabella asked Prince Liam, "Liam, why do you volunteer yourself to take Melinda to have a tour of our kingdom? Do you have something that we all don't know?"

"What?! What are you talking about? I just want to invite Melinda to see our kingdom, that's all. Besides, she's our guest, and she deserved to have a look at our kingdom", said Prince Liam.