Chapter 38: A-Virus

One day, Pauline is hanging out with Miranda at a mall. Suddenly, they met with someone that they'd known since high school. It's Valerie, who is Pauline & Miranda's best friend.

"Valerie? Oh my god, it's been a long time since I didn't meet you!", said Miranda.

"Pauline! Miranda! I know it's been a long time since we didn't see each other. I'm currently doing undercover work to find where's Cindy hideout is. By the way, where you've been all this time, Miranda?", said Valerie.

"Oh, it's a long story. But to be short, I've been in a coma for 5 years."

"What?! How and why does it happen?"

"She's fighting with a very dangerous witch in Zagary, and when she wants to finish her off, the witch's spell hit Miranda, making her coma for 5 years. The witch spell makes someone not wake up for a very long time except someone with all 9 Elemental powers revives her again, but it's not 1 person, it's 2 people, which is my daughter, Starry, and her son, Kevin, which both of them have all 9 Elemental powers", explained Pauline.

"Geez. That witch is so evil. So, did she manage to get her though?", asked Valerie.

"Yes. When both of them do the attacks, the blast hits both of them. The witch passed away when Miranda's husband, Wilbur checked on her due to the strong impact of both of their powers, which the witch use her strong spell to attack Miranda, while Miranda fused all of her 9 Elemental powers to stop the witch", said Alicia.

"I see. I'm so sorry about that, Miranda", said Valerie.

"It's okay. What's important now is I'm still alive and back here in Zagary meeting you both. What shocks me was when I came here 5 years ago, everything here in Zagary changed after 20 years I didn't return here, plus after 5 years I'm in a coma everything here changed again. And also, now Pauline is my sister-in-law because her daughter, Starry is married to my son, Kevin", said Miranda.

"Wow, that's great! Did you guys like having problems calling each other? Like now you guys are sisters, not just friends, you know?", said Valerie.

"Oh yeah. For sure, we have trouble calling each other "sis", because now we're relatives, and not just best friends, you know?", said Pauline.

"Yeah, it's a bit cringe for both of us, but we'll try to normalize ourselves", said Miranda.

The three of them then laughed when they discussed about Pauline and Miranda are now becoming sisters-in-law, and they both still feel weird to call themselves "sis".

"So, Val, have you found your sister yet?", asked Pauline.

"That's why I come here to tell you that my team discovers some kind of weird energy coming from one of the mountains in our kingdom. I'm pretty sure that energy is maybe from a portal built by Cindy", said Valerie.

"Wait! Find Val's sister? What's going on here? Is she being kidnapped or something?", asked Miranda that is confused about their conversation.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I almost forgot about you, Miranda. So, Val's older sister, Vicky got kidnapped by Cindy's henchman 5 years ago. Valerie comes to us saying that Vicky is missing, so she together with Vicky's husband, Dr. Randall asks for the Heroes team to find her. Until today, we work hard to find Vicky, but we never give up even though it took so long to find her. And now, this might be our biggest hint to locate Vicky after 5 years we've been looking for her", explained Pauline.

"I see. I'm sorry about that, Val. Can I help you guys as well?", asked Miranda.

"It's okay, Miranda. Sure, you can help us. Come on, we need to tell Aunty Alicia about this", said Valerie.