Chapter 2: Mutation

It's the year 2026 and it's been a year since Sam's parents passed away, but still, Sam, Leah, and Athena know that their parents are always with them and they have moved on with their lives.

One day, Queen Maria calls out The Nebulas for a meeting. They are also joined by Suzy and David, their best friends who are close to the Royal Family and The Nebulas. Suzy is the daughter of Zagary's Ministry of Science & Technology which is Mr. Wilhelm, while David is the son of Dr. Bill, the most popular tech inventor and doctor in Zagary.

"Hello everyone. I'm calling all of you here because our safety force found something related to Gruven. They are making a substance called the Mutagen, which can mutate someone into a creature or monster. If we don't stop this, then our kingdom will be in great danger. All of you have to work together and find a way to stop Gruven's plan", explained Queen Maria.

"Wait...our father killed the Gruven's leader. Why does Gruven still exist?", asked Athena.

"Sis, they must have a new leader to carry on what their old leader is planning", said Leah.

"Hmm, we need to plan this very carefully. We don't want them to mutate our citizens. I think we have to do a raid in silence to stop their plan. We must act now before it's too late", said Sam.

"So, when we're going to start our mission?", asked Adam.

"We'll begin it after our gymnastics class tomorrow."

The next day, Sam and his teammates just finished their gymnastics class at school. Suddenly, Athena remembers that she forgot to take her items at her locker.

"Oh my god! Bro, sis, I left my wallet in my locker. Can you wait for a while?", said Athena.

"Sure, but you need to go with Leah. Leah, go with Athena to take her wallet", said Sam.

"Alright. Come on, sis", said Leah.

Leah and Athena then go to the locker room to take Athena's wallet. When Athena is at her locker looking for her wallet, suddenly she is pulled by someone through a portal inside her locker. Leah heard Athena's screaming and tried to pull her back, but she didn't make it. Athena is gone and goes through a secret portal.

Leah then rushes to meet up with Sam and inform him of the situation.

"Sam, Athena's being kidnapped by someone who is using a portal on her locker!", said Leah in a panicked tone.

"What?! How did it happen?", asked Sam.

"I don't know. When Athena opened her locker, I saw she was being pulled inside the locker. I try to pull her back, but I can't, the person who pulls her is too strong. Then, Athena is pulled to the portal and the portal disappears. We need to save our little sister, brother!"

"We will, but we need to know who did this and where our little sis could be brought to."

"Maybe to the Gruven's old base that our late father used to tell us. Our little sis could be there."

"You might have a point there, sis. Come on, we need to save Athena."

Sam and his teammates go to the Gruven's old base, where the late Sansone lives there with his family, and make evil plans toward Zagary and The Nebulas.

When they arrive, they are shocked to see Athena in the cage above a tub. The tub is filled with Mutagens. Later on, they're fighting with the Gruven soldiers, when suddenly the new Gruven leader, Carla joins them to fight with Sam and his teammates.

"Well, well, well, if this isn't the infamous The Nebulas team that Zagary loves", said Carla.

"Who are you? Are you the leader of Gruven?", asked Sam.