Chapter 30: Break The Dimension

It had been more than 45 minutes since they have arrived there. Liam, the only one unharmed, was waiting for them on the stage. However, eventually, Liam was sick and tired of waiting for them and went looking for them.

He went to the puppet area, but no one was there. He then went to the gift shop, but no one was there either. He then went to the arcade area. No one was there, either, but as he was going to leave, something stopped him. There was a voice in his head. He could hear a voice.

"Liam... Don't go yet."

"Who are you? How do you know my name?" asked Liam.

"I am Tony. A terrible fate has come over me. I have been transformed into a balloon boy."

"I see. What about the others?"

"They... I don't know. You must save me."

"Ok. I will."

Then, Liam went to find the others. He proceeded to the merry-go-round. He didn't see anyone there either.

"Hi, Liam. I am Roxanne."

"Roxanne?"

"Yes. I have been turned into a pony."

"Seriously? Just now I found Tony turned into a balloon boy."

"Yes. It seems that this circus is cursed. I heard a man laughing gaily and devilishly. Oh, and before I transformed, I couldn't find anyone either."

"Is that so? It's so weird. Hmm... Maybe the rest have also been changed."

"Hope you can save me, Tony, and the others, then."

"Okay. Thanks."

Liam then went around the circus and stumbled by a security room. He went in there and saw some drawers, some open and empty, some closed and locked. He looked around some more to find anything used when he saw a note lying plainly on the desk. It wrote:

To the person that finds this note,
You have to get out of here! This place is not what it seems! Nothing is real! If you enter this carnival (which of course you have now, reading this note), you will never get out!

Unless one of you survives. I was one of the founding fathers of this land, but something terrible happened during its creation, causing errors. This has caused the testers of the VR project to be trapped in the simulation and even be transformed into anything the glitch desires.

Fortunately, I have debugged the glitch partly, allowing one to reverse the transformations and hypnosis if the victim is given a certain item. I have written a list of MasterMind's favourite circus transformations down below and their remedies. Additionally, in this room, I have conveniently placed some remedies in case of an emergency, mainly in the drawers to save your friends. But before that, you need to go to the Merry-Go-Round to find the key. By the way, I do not have some objects now, but I believe that they can be found in the past. Spoiler alert: the Merry-Go-Round is actually a time machine. Use it to travel to the past and gather the various items needed.

One more thing, BEWARE THE GLITCH, MASTERMIND! (I heard she calling herself MasterMind.) She's the one controlling this place. If you find her, DESTROY HER ONCE AND FOR ALL and you all will be free.

p/s: If you're reading this, I might be transformed and this is my last letter to the survivor of this carnival. Good luck!

The Puppet - Heart
The Magician - Magician's Hat
The Bunny Girl - Bunny Ears
The Balloon Boy - Water Balloon
The Clown - Clown Nose
The Mime - Beret
The Pony - Horseshoe

By: Will Bernard

"Now I finally know what happened to my friends. Well, I know that I have to go to the Merry-Go-Round," said Liam.