XV

Read in dark mode.

LOVIN ME RIGHT - RENDEZVOUS AT TWO

Something about today

Something about his place

somewhere in south London

| 2 months later |

Omniscient.

Azaria only had a few months of sixth form left, deadlines were approaching and assignments due, future prospects were floating in her consciousness. Her delicate, quiet voice dragged in a way Zaiyre didn't remember, as though something weighed on each spoken word.

 She shrank into the long silences, face closed off and mentally unavailable. Sometimes, in unguarded moments he caught her face clouding over, drawn into confusing shades of emotion - a physical representation of a cloud filled with rain, waiting to fall. It cast a pall over every movement she made and place she overlooked. 

Now, her voice takes on a slow, distant quality.

Zaiyre couldn't lose her, he still respected her space and gave her time, she was still mourning and suffering from trauma. Besides, he didn't wanna over step any boundaries.     

6.30 AM, THE INFERIOR, PALE BLUE BLANKET GLINTED, with a small burst of yellow light foreshadowing it was going to be a good day. The city of London never sleeps, which was why cars drove up and down, shops opened in the hustle and bustle. Inside the sleek, minimalistic maisonnette the silence was deafening, except for a temporary sound. Footsteps patterned across the chestnut wood floorboards, and the bathroom door closed.