Events - Past and Present

Read in dark mode.

hey guys!✌🏾

this chapter is essentially a breakdown of the chronological events that have occured in the book so far. Hopefully this will help your understandong and also to help remember the link between certain things and characters, keep up to date.

PART 1-

• In Chapter 1 We were introduced to the protagonists Azaria Everton and 'Merkz', alongside Kamiah, Laila, 'Tyze', Montrell, Meiyrah and Jahmel.

•In Chapter 2, Azaria recieved a facetime from merkz whilst at home with Laila. He told her he was having an intimate AP(apartment) party.

•In Chapter 3, Azaria and merkz had developed more of a closeness and  friendship. Meeting him for a day out, shopping and food.

•In Chapter 4 more of 'Merkz' background and hood life is revealed to us, subtly indicating hes had a rough upbringing despite his mother doing the best she could to provide for him and his siblings.

 Also, his thoughts on Azaria are mentioned, he wasnt fond of the age but liked the natural connection and vibe they shared.

•In Chapter 5, his real name is mentioned to us, which is Zaiyre Charleston and he spots Azaria whilst collecting a package from Kiaré, in the dangerous areas of lambeth, south london. 

Takes her to his place for the first time, sees she is upset but doesnt press the issue, gets to know more about her and from then established a solid friendship.

•In Chapter 6 Azaria meets his friends later in the day, but before that has a phonecall from her 2nd oldest brother Cartier. They discuss her problematic sister Dhyani and Cartier's current court case, which was another M (Murder) charge.

•In Chapter 7, she attends his AP party and a man is preeing her intensely. Her and her girls have a good time.

•In Chapter 8, it is presented 2 months after the link up at Zaiyre's AP party and Azaria discovers news of her sister Dhyani's death. It was apparently a suicide 

Azaria enters a serious depressive state and shuts herself off to the world and her immediate group of close people.

She doesnt eat or sleep much and consumes herself entirely with alcohol to try and numb the pain. Zaiyre has a bad feeling and technically breaks into her apartment with her cousin Monty(Montrells Nickname) and Tyze. 

They find her in a serious state and take her to the hospital. She is not allowed to stay by herself so stays with Zaiyre in his maisonette.

END OF PART 1-

_______________

PART 2-

•Azarias brother Cartier cpnes up fron the midlands to Merkz yard unnanounced. Talks to her and Merkz, gies back home the next day.

•In Chapter 10, Azaria is still solemn but tries to lift her spirits, gets a makeover and Zaiyre goes along.

•In Chapter 11, its clear to see Zaiyre's growing attraction towards her mentally and physically. They chill during the day and go to the studio in the night.

Azaria is minding her business in the studio when Tia tries to force a confrontation. Azaria quickly and maturely handles the situation, shuts it down.

•In Chapter 12, Azaria and Zaiyre were in refective moods and kept themselves to themselves, she smoked for the first time in her life.

•In Chapter 13, after finishing online sixth form, Azaria goes to her sisters nine night accompanied by Laila and Kamiah. (a jamaican/carribean tradition to celebrate or mourn the loved one after nine days of their passing). 

Her eldest brother Yaheim calls her to check up on her, lives in Dubai.

Deals with her overbearing, rude aunty Semaj.

•In part 2 of Chapter 13, she takes a breather and sees unwanted familiar faces. Friends of Asani  her abusive, toxic ex boyfriend. Decides to leave earlier than planned which leads to her getting cussed out by her aunty.

Goes to her own apartment for the night, to Zaiyre's dissapointment.

Part three overview will be after all chapters of part three are complete.

Any other wuestions or comments let me knowww❤

-CECE