Chapter 1

Soulmates. Yeah, everyones got one. Quite unfortunate if you ask me. How you find your soulmate is simple, kinda. You just gotta find the other person with the finishing part of your tattoo. Your tattoo shows up when you turn 16. Then when you actually meet your soulmate it is supposed to feel like fireworks going off. At least thats what I remember studying in school.

I remember the first time when my tattoo showed up. I just turned 16. Woke up one saturday morning. There, on my collarbone, was the words 'I'm the one I should love' surrounded by music notes. It was bright watercolors in the back.

At first I hated it. Then, as time went on, I grew fond of it. The meaning kinda hit me harder. I've been battling depression and anxiety since I was younger so in a way it helps a lot reading those simple six words.

That means that my 'soulmate' must really love music. Hopefully whomever it is has good taste.

*********************************

Back to the present time, I was currently sitting in a hotel room with my sister and niece. Well, we aren't biologically related but might as well be.

My niece, whom is 19, convinced my sister and I to bring her to some Kpop concert. Her favorite band is here for the last leg of their north American tour. I won't lie, I still have no clue who this band is.

She, my niece, emerged from the bathroom to allow my sister access to the shower. Luckily I was smart enough to take my shower earlier.

"So, exactly what is that?" I ask Dakota, pointing to some weird ass blue and purple horse thing on her head. She laughed. "Mang. Mang is the character of J-hope. They all created these cute characters" she excitedly says, trying to drill into my head these BT21 character things.

I glances at all the cartoon characters. A bunny. A dumb looking yellow dog. The horse thing Dakota is sporting. A koala bear. A fluffy alpaca. Some small brown cookie. And a heart shaped alien.

I laughed. "I mean, I'd pick this alien thing since I'm a strong believer in extraterrestrial beings." Dakota juat busts out laughing. "Tata. I knew you'd like taehyung's character."

Once Angel emerged from her shower 30 minutes later looking like a bohemian Stevie Nicks, we set off to the arena.

Along the ride, from the backseat Dakota tried her hardest to teach me about this BTS band we were about to see.

I sighed. "Yeah, I'm a lost cause." Dakota just shook her head. "Its ok. Youll feel different when you actually see them and listen to them, letting the lyrics of their songs flow through your body."

Angel and I glanced at each other. "Don't get all philosophical on us now kid" Angel said with a laugh.

After the hassle of finding a parking spot, we walked to the entrance of the arena. Everywhere I looked I saw those BTS boys' faces. No doubt they are handsome, just not my type.

While standing in line, I got a good chance to look at their fans. No one looked the same. Young and old. Boys and girls. Then I looked at myself.

Ok, so maybe I looked a little out of place. I was wearing a cut up off thw shoulder Misfits shirt that exposed my tattoo, ripped black skinny jeans, and knee high combat boots. My purple, orange, and black hair is pulled up in a messy bun.

 My purple, orange, and black hair is pulled up in a messy bun