Chapter 6: Adrien's House

Start from the beginning

"Home in the picture I showed you. You know, my old place before I moved here?" I smiled and dipped my head slightly, hoping Adrien would catch on.

"Yeah, um, let's head inside." He said guiding me in. I made a poker face and followed quietly.

"Your father is away and busy at the moment. I will be downstairs." Nathalie said as she stood sternly, eyes narrowed at us. Adrien looked down sad, yet understanding.

"Do you think he'll be joining me for dinner tonight?" Adrien asked hopefully. Nathalie stood there, stoic, before answering.

"Your father is very busy, Adrien." She responded. I saw Adrien's face fall and he turned away, leading me up the stairs. I felt bad, but kept quiet, choosing to focus on the decor of the house.

Once inside Adrien's room, I couldn't contain my excitement and looked around like a kid in a candy store.

"Adrien.." I said quietly. He looked at me and made a questioning face. "This place is awesome!" He laughed at me and invited me to sit at his desk. I looked at his computer screen and saw an image of Adrien and a blonde woman who he resembled a lot. I could only assume it was his mother.

"She's beautiful." I said wholeheartedly. Adrien looked at his screen and gave the saddest smile I'd ever seen.

"She was.." He said. My heart sank and I was at a loss for words. What did that mean? Oh god, I feel terrible. He shook his head and turned off the monitor. I pulled out my notebook and remained quiet.

We did homework for a good hour and a half with a few check ins from Nathalie. Once she realized we really were just working, I think she backed off.

I jotted something down and focused intently on my work, trying to convince myself I understood the topic when I don't think I've caught on fully. In the corner of my eye, I saw Adrien staring at me. I made a face and covered my paper with my arms.

"What are you doing?" He laughed. I smiled, even though he couldn't see.

"I don't like cheaters."

"Good thing I'm not one." He clarified. His tone changed to one that made me skeptical.

Did that have a double meaning? Was he talking about just homework? I turned to look at him. I guess he didn't expect it because he quickly fumbled for his paper and held it up covering his face. It was complete, full of answers. Mine on the other hand..

"Um, can I copy yours?" I said with a nervous giggle. Adrien chuckled and handed me his paper.

"Yeah, okay... Cheater." He said as he stood up and stretched. I scoffed.

"Excuse me?" I said standing. He gave me a side smile and walked a few steps away.

"Hey, you don't get to just-" I yelped as I tripped over something small on the floor. As Adrien turned, he saw me falling and tried to react quickly. I reached my arms out to grab him, but the force of me falling pushed him down with me.

We both fell onto his bed. Me at his side, slightly over him with my hand on his chest. And him underneath me, arm trapped behind me and his other hand at my waist. He looked at me wide eyed, his face the reddest I had ever seen. His mouth was slightly open in shock. I couldn't imagine what I looked like to him.

"..uugg.." a tiny noise was made. Like a little groan? Adrien quickly got up after freeing his one arm.

"Uugg.. sorry, excuse me. I'm going to the bathroom." He quickly leaned down to the floor and jogged to the bathroom. I sat up on the bed and peered at the floor. What did I even trip over?

*Adrien's P.O.V.*

I stared at her as she laid next to me on my bed. I didn't know what to say and no words would come out of my mouth. I'd never been in this situation before and I was beyond embarrassed.

Y/N was red and just as embarrassed as me, probably more. My arm was pinned underneath her. Her hand was laying on me. I wonder if she could feel my heart beating out of my chest. Even in this predicament, I couldn't get over how beautiful she looked. A beautiful mess.

"..uugg.." I heard a tiny voice say. Panic set in. Plagg!!

"Uugg, sorry excuse me. I'm going to the bathroom." I said trying to make the same sound Plagg made. I quickly pulled my arm out from under her and stood up, looking down at the tiny kwami on the floor. I quickly grabbed him and went into my bathroom.

I shut and locked the door, then turned on the water faucet. I pulled out Plagg and looked him over.

"Dude, your girlfriend totally tried crushing me." He said while rubbing his head. I rolled my eyes.

"It was an accident and she's not my.. whatever! What were you doing? Y/N could've seen you!" I whispered yelled.

"My cheese rolled away from me! I had to get it back!" He said throwing his tiny arms in the air. I closed my eyes and let out a deep sigh.

"Fine, are you okay?" I said examining him.

"Nothing a little cheese can't help." Plagg said with drool coming out of his mouth. I smiled and put him into my pocket before collecting myself. I turned off the water faucet and exited.

Y/N was at my window. Her expression showed fear. She pointed outside.

"Adrien.." I followed where she was pointing and my mouth dropped.