| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐌 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 |
𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐄𝐃𝐎𝐌

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄! 𝐈'𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄!" Adelaine exclaimed with a soft laugh while she entered the room where her friends were waiting for her

"𝐈'𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄! 𝐈'𝐌 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄!" Adelaine exclaimed with a soft laugh while she entered the room where her friends were waiting for her. They all greeted her kindly while Anne closed the door she had just opened for her. Adelaine's eyes landed on Prissy, that was already already wearing her bridal dress and seemed ready to walk down the aisle. "Prissy, you look beautiful."

And she did. The white dress she was wearing fell neatly to the floor, hugging tightly the upper half of her body. The corset was decorated with a flowered embroidery that gave the dress a unique style. Her hairstyle matched her clothes perfectly, causing her blond curls to fall on the sides of her face, But without covering them, while the veil her mother had borrowed her gave her the last touch for everything to be perfect.

"Thank you." Prissy told her with a smile as she stood up from the bed to stare at herself on the mirror. "What took you so long? She asked Adelaine with a curious tone.

"Sam thought that she could control the wagon and, clearly, she could not." Adelaine explained, causing the four other girls to chuckle softly at her words. "The church is almost full, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the whole town was here."

"That's because we don't have many windows to attend often, I understand why the whole town is excited." Diana stated, while Ruby nodded softly in agreement.

"So, are you ready?" Ruby asked excited, causing Prissy to nod once before turning around to face her friends with a soft smile.

She couldn't understand why everyone seemed so happy and content with this event since Prissy was clearly giving up on something that she wanted so she could satisfy his husband's desires, which Adelaine found completely ridiculous. Your husband isn't supposed to be your superior, it's supposed to be your partner, your equal, and even if that was something Adelaine thought was hard to find, she wouldn't give up on that. At least, not yet.

"Prissy, I can only hope that one day, eventually, this union between you and Mr. Phillips will grow into one where you can both fulfill your heart's desires." Anne said nicely, yet Prissy's face fell completely at her words, clearly not wanting to discuss that matter that was still affecting. Diana and Ruby turned to look at her in disbelief, while Adelaine's eyes fixated themselves over the wooden floor. "Oh, well, I-I only meant that, even if you're marriage isn't all romantical, you can still have the most marvelous life in Toronto and, perhaps one day, you can go back to... school."

The tension grew with Anne's last explanation of her words, silence taking over the group of five girls. Prissy looked down to her shoes, her eyes showing how afflicted she'd gotten by Anne's words. Adelaine stared at Anne, that was looking back at her with a pleading look on her face. Adelaine cleared her throat softly, trying to break the tension in the room while everyone but Prissy turned to look at her.