| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐖𝐎 |

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐀 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐋

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐂𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘, her eyes falling on Ethan with a deadly glare

"You really know how to make an appearance." Adelaine told him, leaving her books on the table next to the door and walking towards him. "How long has it been since the last time we saw each other? six months? Eight?"

Ethan sighed softly, looking back at her with guilt written on his face. He knew he had screwed up, plenty of times, but he was ready now. He was ready to tell her everything, to be honest. He just hoped it wasn't too later and that he wouldn't lose his best friend in the process. 

"Can we please just talk?" He begged her, pointing towards the empty chair in front of him. "I want to explain everything."

He watched Adelaine sigh and look at her feet, wondering if she would give in and listen to him or if she would kick him out. With a roll of her eyes and a hesitant walk, she moved towards him, causing Ethan to sigh in relief. 

Adelaine took the seat in front of his best friend and looked at him with a serious expression, with her arms crossed over her chest. "I'm listening."

Ethan got comfortable in his place, facing Adelaine completely and leaning forward to rest his arms on the table. Adelaine waited for him to speak, watching his mouth open and close a few times. He was clearly struggling to say whatever he had been keeping all this time, so Adelaine decided to be patient, for once, and give him time to get his ideas in line.

"This... this may be a lot." He started, causing Adelaine to raise her eyebrows in curiosity. "So, I need you to listen to me, very carefully."

"Ethan, honestly, just say whatever-"

"Your uncle is trying to get you married." He blurted out, causing Dela to snort loudly since this was not a new piece of information.

Frederick had been trying to get her married for years now, so she wasn't really shocked at her best friend's words. He could try, but it wasn't going to work. She would never give in to that, no matter what threats he would throw her way.

"Yes, I know." I told him, causing him to groan in exhaustion.

"No. I mean, he's trying to get you married soon." The last word he said did bring confusion to her. How soon did he mean by soon? "He's making arrangements with a big business man, so he can get you married to his son."

She shook my head slightly, clearly confused as to why was Ethan was finding this so urgent. This had been happening since she was a little kid. Frederick would talk to different people, but then back down because 'no one was good enough to marry a Donchaster.'