| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄: 𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄  |
𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄  |𝐁𝐀𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐋𝐔𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐒

"𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐀𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍." Adelaine turned around startled, founding her sister's figure laying against the door frame.

"You frightened me to death, Sam." She exclaimed, placing a hand over her chest while she took a deep breath.

"And I thought that you would be happy to see me." She said playfully. Adelaine dropped the book she was reading over the mattress and stood up from the bed, walking over to her sister.

"I am, I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." She expressed sadly, closing the space between the two and giving her a quick hug.

"I know and I'm sorry." She rubbed her back motherly. "There's this patient at the clinic, he's really sick and I'm taking care of him." She explained, taking a step back from their embrace and placing her hands over her little sister's shoulders.

"I understand, you don't have to apologize." She said with a side smile.

Samantha moved a hand to her cheek, caressing it slightly, while she stared at Adelaine. She couldn't understand how she had grown so much. She remembered the day they their parents brought her her home from the hospital like it was yesterday, and she hated to know that she was suffering but that she would never tell her what was going in with her.

Because that was Adelaine's biggest flaw. Life had forced her to be this girl, who doesn't trust anyone and never gets too close, and Samantha couldn't blame her for it. She had suffer, yes, but Adelaine had suffered ten times what she did. She was so young and acting like an adult. This shouldn't be her life, and Samantha hated that she wasn't able to turn back time and save her from her tragic past. But she couldn't do that.

"You don't have to be so understanding, you know? You're allowed to be mad."

Adelaine rolled her eyes at how quick her sister was to turn the conversation to her feelings. Adelaine this, Adelaine that. You're allowed to feel this, you're allowed to feel that. She was tired of people trying to analyze her over and over again.

"Believe me, I have plenty of madness." She said bitterly, turning around and walking towards the window.

Her eyes focused on the white landscape in front of her. Snow was slowly starting to cover everything on it's reach, the coldness of winter freezing Avonlea and giving it a sense of purity. The dirt streets were completely empty, not a soul using them to move around town, which wasn't shocking. Most of the families were staying inside, deciding to not face the horrible weather.

The image of her with a normal family, staying inside on a snowy day crossed her mind for a second. A life were she received love and was truly happy.