| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 |
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 |𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐍𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 Mr. Phillips class was so long until that exact moment. She felt a million feelings cursing through her body and she had to act normal and sit there like nothing ever happen, and like he wasn't sitting two meters away from her in the exact room. She could feel Gilbert's stare on her since the class started and it was becoming to make her anxious. She didn't want him to look at her, she didn't want him to be here at all. He had written in his last letter that he wasn't coming back, so why was he here?

That was one of the many question going through her mind, the other one being: what the hell was she feeling right now? She was clearly furious at him, since she had this big urge to slap him across the face as strong as she could. She was also really hurt, even if she wouldn't admit. She had slowly started to give him her heart, which was something she was terrified of, she took his promise, even when she knew she shouldn't, because he trusted him. And then he ripped her heart off her hands and she crashed it against the floor with that letter. She couldn't count how many time she wondered what would be of her right now if Gilbert had decided to talk to her about it instead of just bailing on her. Would she be happy to see him right now? Would they be together? Those were things she would never know.

Her feet startled to hammer against the marble floor, signaling her how nervous she actually was. She had forgotten how nervous he made her and it was something she didn't want to experience again. He always seemed so calm when they were together, but she, she was a walking nervous wreck. She hated the fact that he would hold so much power over her with just sitting on a chair and staring at her. But she had to admit, that he had definitely grown since the last time she saw him.

He was one good looking man before, Adelaine wasn't blind, but now... now he was different. His thin body was slowly starting to grow some muscles, which she assumed came from his year working on the steam boat, and his back was definitely bigger than before, the shirt that he had on wrapping around his muscles tightly. His jaw was slightly more defined and the short hair made him look much more mature and older. Saying he was breathtaking didn't made him justice, and she couldn't stop asking herself how did someone like him ended up with someone like her, even if it was for just a couple of days.

She turned her head to the side, instantly meeting Gilbert's eyes, that haven't stopped looking at her since she arrived to school. It was like they were stuck in time for one moment, like they went back to the first time they met each other and Adelaine had to glance at him secretly so he wouldn't catch her staring. But they weren't two strangers anymore, yet Adelaine couldn't quite recognize the man staring back at her. It was like looking at her blurry reflex in the water. She knew that was Gilbert, but it didn't feel like her Gilbert.