| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄: 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄 |
𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐄𝐒

"𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐔𝐏!" She groaned in annoyance, moving under the covers of her comfortable bed

She fluttered her eyes open, finding a girl she didn't quite recognize yet staring with a worried expression at her.

"Diana?" She asked confused, her voice raspy because she had just woken up. She looked past her to the window, seeing that everything was still dark outside, the moon lighting Avonlea from above, giving the empty town a peaceful spectrum. "What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night?" She asked worried, sitting straight.

"It's Minnie May. My sister, she started coughing and chocking. Anne's with her but she has run out of options, everyone is at the premier and we don't know what to do." She explained quickly, tears threatening to scape her eyes "We need your help." She begged.

Adelaine's eyes opened widely, knowing exactly what was going on with Minnie May: croup. Sam had told her of a couple of patients she attended with it yet she never saw anyone going through it. She took a deep breath, taking the blankets off of her and standing up as fast as she could. If she was right about this, Minnie May didn't have much time left.

"Sam's not here, but I can help." She assured Diana, who breathed out hopefully at the willingness of the girl in front of her.

Adelaine put on her boots and a robe over her silk nightgown, before running out of the house with Diana right behind her. As soon as she stepped outside and the cold winter wind hit her she regretted not grabbing a coat, but there was no time to get one now.

They started their way to the Barry's household, their feet moving quickly, leaving marks over the snow. Everything was quiet around them, since most of the adults were together in the center, making their breathing and the noises coming from the trees the only thing that could be heard in the middle of the night.

Slowly, Diana's house started to become visible in the distance, being it the only house that had the lights on. They increased their speed until they finally made it inside through the back door.

"Adelaine, thank God." Anne said as soon as she saw her.

Adelaine looked around the room, taking in the situation. The whole room was a mess, there were onions and empty bottles of what Adelaine asumed was ipecac, a medicine that was used for croup, over the table. Anne was holding onto Minnie Mat tightly against the open window, making her breath in the cold air of the night and, in one of the corners, stood an old and seemingly rich lady, who stared at everything with a concern frown on her face.

"I'm here." Adelaine said, making her way towards Anne to examine the smallest Barry.

"This is the help?" The lady asked with a derogatory tone, causing Adelaine to roll her eyes while she took a look at the barely conscious child, who kept coughing.