| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 |
𝐄𝐍𝐆𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃𝐋𝐘, a proud smile in Adelaine's face

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐇𝐎𝐋𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃𝐋𝐘, a proud smile in Adelaine's face. She loved spelling, it was something that they used to do a lot back in London, so she had a lot of practice at it. They weren't much people left at the front, being Tillie, Anne, who had recently decided to resume her education, and her for the girls, and Gilbert and Moody for the boys.

Nevertheless, Adelaine had a lot on trust on her. She knew she was smart, and she was sure she could beat all of them. This was her chance to prove she was not just a pretty face.

"Spell amorous." Mr. Phillips said, only his back visible as he was walking straight to the back of the room.

Tillie breathed loudly, thinking what she was going to say. "Amorous. A - M - O - R... U-"

Mr. Phillips, groaned in annoyance, stopping right next to Prissy's desk. "Wrong! Sit down."

Tillie shrugged, not really caring about her wrong outcome. The boys cheered loudly at the girl's team loosing one of their lasts members standing. Adelaine looked to the other side of the room. They were two against two now.

"Spell gorgeous." The teacher said, his head turning softly to stare at Prissy, who blushed lightly. Adelaine looked at the whole situation with a frown, finding the whole exchange quite disgusting.

"G - O - R" Moody started, taking some time to think it through " G - I -"

Mr. Phillips groaned louder this time "Sit down, you butcher of beauty!" This time the ones to cheer were the girls, clapping hand to one another with big smiles on her faces. "Ostracize?"

Adelaine turned her head to stare at Gilbert, who was about to start talking, a concentrated expression in his face. "O - S - T - R - A - C - I - Z - E."

"That would seem to be correct." Mr. Phillips said, the boys screaming Gilbert's name happily. Adelaine looked away, her eyes finding Anne, who was now the next one to come.

"Haughty."

Anne took a deep and nervous breath, holding onto Adelaine's hand for reassurance. "H - A - U..." she stopped, swallowing hard "G - T -"

"Wrong Shirley, sit down!" Anne looked down, before smiling softly at Adelaine and squeezing her hand before walking to her seat next to Diana.

"Callous."

"C - A - L - L - O - U - S" Adelaine said, giving a discrete look to the boy standing a few meters away from her. "Callous."

"Penitent."

"P - E - N - I - T - E - N - T." Gilbert said, sure of his answers, while we stared at Adelaine, who refused to look back at him.

"Intentions." Mr. Phillips said, once again looking at Prissy, who sat uncomfortable at the back of the classroom. Her eyes twitching softly at the situation going on in front of her that no one else seemed to notice.