| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐒 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 |
𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐒

𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒, feeling the sounds made by the sea hitting the side of the boat

𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐄𝐘𝐄𝐒, feeling the sounds made by the sea hitting the side of the boat. From all of the nights he had spent up in that steam boat, that one was definitely the one he got tired the most.

Every inch of his body hurted, his muscles were tired snd he wanted nothing more than to be in Avonlea, taking a hot bath in the comfort of his house. But he couldn't do that.

He knew he needed to find himself, determinate who he wanted to be in life before he went back. It didn't matter how long it took him, that was something he had to do first. He just hoped that maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't come back late.

Gilbert took a deep breath, as he accommodated himself over the litter, as he placed his arm behind his hand to use it as a pillow, ready to fall asleep. Silence took over the room filled with his mates, as everyone imitated his actions, a few voices still able to be heard from the guys who were making small talk. Suddenly someone barged inside, breaking the peace of the night.

"Blythe!" He heard Bash say as he laid on the bed next to his. "You have mail." He informed him with a playful tone.

This last three words caught his attention, causing him to sit back with a confuse frown. He had no idea who could be sending him a letter, since he was sure there was no one in Avonlea who cared about him enough to reach out to him anymore. He ruined that when he left without saying goodbye.

Bash threw him the piece of paper, which he caught with ease, turning on the lantern next to his bed, the light of it barely illuminating his corner enough. Yet he managed to read the name in the upper side of the envelope, his eyes opening widely in surprise.

"Adelaine." He said barely above a whisper, as he caressed with the tip of his fingers the paper she had touched.

To say he was shocked was a understatement. He thought she would be angry at him, hell, he thought she would be furious. And here she was, always managing to surprise him in ways he never imagined.

"Is that your girl's name?" Bash inquired curiously, wanting to know more about the woman Gilbert had been really secretive about since the first time he mentioned her.

Sebastian had tried hard to dig their story out of him but Gilbert still remained silent, and his behavior made him even more curious about this mysterious Avonlea girl.

"I thought she would never speak to me again..." He confessed to his friend, who's frown deepened at his words, while Gilbert turned the envelope around, analyzing every part of it.

"Why? Did you ruin things with her?" He asked, holding the weight of his hands with the palm of his hand.

"You could say that." He said with a small laugh, shaking his head slightly. He turned to look at Bash, who was staring at him intensely with a curious look. Gilbert sighed, deciding that maybe it was time for him to give him some answers. "I left her, with a letter."