| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐖𝐎 |
𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐎𝐂𝐂𝐔𝐏𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐗, examining every detail of it, as she fixed the wrinkles of her dress with her hands

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐑𝐄𝐅𝐋𝐄𝐗, examining every detail of it, as she fixed the wrinkles of her dress with her hands. They were going back to school for the first time since the gold fiasco and she wasn't sure she wanted to face that reality. It was hard enough already to see the Cuthbert' knowing that they've lost a lot of money because of her and family, she wasn't ready to see the rest of the people her bloodline ruined.

But she didn't have a choice. Anne was already questioning why did she had such a big fight with Sam, she couldn't make things more complicated.

She shook her head softly, bringing herself back to planet Earth, while she grabbed her books from the desk and headed downstairs. She was surprised when she didn't find Anne waiting for her just like she said she would. She furrowed her eyebrows, walking to the kitchen but finding absolutely nothing.

"It's here!" The door suddenly bursted, a swirl of red hair quickly coming inside of the house. Adelaine turned around startled, placing a hand over her chest as she found Anne running towards her and throwing her arms around her. "I told you he would write back." She whispered next to her ear, before stepping away with the biggest of smiles. "Look, look."

Anne placed a white envelope over her hands, causing Adelaine's heart to stop for a moment since she already imagined who it was from. She felt her best friend eyeing her carefully as she waited for her to open it but Adelaine felt frozen in time. What if he was telling her that he was coming back? What if he wasn't? She didn't know which one would she like the most, but at that exact moment, both answers terrified her.

"We're going to be late for school." Was the only thing Adelaine said, quickly saving the letter between two pages of her book and dodging a surprised Anne who was staring at her with her mouth wide open.

"What?!" She exclaimed, turning around and following Adelaine out the door. "You don't want to know what he wrote to you?!"

"Honestly, no." She answered, slowing her pace so Anne could reach her, which she quickly did. "At least not right now."

"But... but I don't understand." Anne mumbled, standing right in front of her, walking backwards so she wouldn't slow them down. Adelaine sighed loudly at her friends insistent behavior, while she shook her head slightly. "Why don't you want to know what he told you?"

"Because!" Adelaine exclaimed exhausted. The truth was Adelaine didn't have an actual reason to not want to read that letter. Yes, she was mad at him, but this time it was something else. Even if she didn't want to admit it, a small part of her wanted him back, and she wasn't ready to face the fact that probably that letter expressed that he wasn't. She wasn't going to be rejected twice by the same man. "Why are you so adamant to let this go?"