| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 |
𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐋𝐘 the last time she had been at a cemetery, specially because it hadn't been a long time ago

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝐕𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐃𝐋𝐘 the last time she had been at a cemetery, specially because it hadn't been a long time ago. Nevertheless, she had never felt the way she was feeling in that exact moment.

Her parents' funeral hadn't caused her too much trouble. There weren't any bodies to burry, since the fire that took their life burned everything on it's reach, and she didn't have the best relationship with them either. Even if she never admitted it to herself, the only thing she truly felt when her parents died was pure relief. She had stood there with a fake sad expression, holding hands of people she had never seen in her entire life who claimed that Dimitri and Maria Donchaster were two nice souls who left the world too soon.

Only if the knew they were anything but nice souls.

But this was different. She felt like she had been stabbed and, even if she couldn't see the blood coming out of her, it hurt. It hurt deeply.

The whole class was there with their families, all of them dressed in black as they followed the carriage that was moving the casket, contrasting with the white landscape that surrounded them. Gilbert was at the front, standing next to the Minister.

She had wanted to reach out to him, but every time she started her way towards him someone had called her or stopped her from doing so. She knew she was probably the last person he wanted to see right now since things had only been awkward between them since the kiss thing, but she wanted to be there for him.

Gilbert has always showed himself strong to the world. Even in the moments were the talked about his father's condition, Adelaine never saw him cry. In that way, he reminded her of herself. He wanted to be strong for his dad, and that's why he placed the house over his shoulders and took care of everything.

And now with his father gone, she was sure Gilbert would keep those walls up. He would put on a strong facade and tell everyone he was fine when, in reality, he wasn't. At least that's what she did.

"Let not your heart be troubled. Ye believe in God, believe also in me."

Sam passed her arm over Adelaine's shoulder, holding onto her tightly, while she turned her head to stare at her little sister. They were standing almost at the front, with the Cuthbert's standing next to them.

Adelaine stood there, her eyes over Gilbert's figure, not daring to take her eyes off of him in fear he would suddenly disappear.

"In my father's house are many mansions. If it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you."

Adelaine was struggling deeply to not let her gut decide for her and walk towards Gilbert to just stand next to him and hold his hand through the funeral. He shouldn't be going through it alone, it just didn't seem right to her.