| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 |
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐔𝐆𝐋𝐘 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐇

"𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐒𝐊 𝐌𝐄," Josephine started with a sigh, as she placed a hand over her forehead "this gold business is a load of hogwash

"𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐒𝐊 𝐌𝐄," Josephine started with a sigh, as she placed a hand over her forehead "this gold business is a load of hogwash. Though it is my fond hope that I'm wrong."

Adelaine nodded in response, while she took a sip of the tea maid had prepared for them. "I couldn't agree with you more, aunt Jo. It all sound so... convenient."

Diana stopped playing the piano, turning around to join the conversation with a small frown on her face, while at the same time, Anne took a seat in front of the two.

"Why do you say that?" She asked, with curious glint on her voice.

Adelaine had to resist the urge to roll her eyes. She loved Anne, she really did, but this had been the exact thing she has been saying to her sine everything came to light, yet she never listened to her. No one did.

"The tenor of it all reminds me of another town that had gold fever." Josephine explained, folding her hands over her lap. Adelaine turned around to look at the old lady, crossing her legs under her body and resting her head in her hands, ready to hear her story.

"Here on Prince Edward Island?" Diana inquired, as she also came closer to them, sitting next to Anne.

"Yes, a town up North. Cape Wolf, about a decade ago, I think." Josephine said with a nod, tilting her head to the side as she tried to remember the story. Nevertheless, the name Cape Wolf kept resonating on Adelaine's mind, recognizing it's familiarity, even though she didn't remember from where. "I don't remember the details, but I remember the mood."

"What happened?" Anne questioned curiously, moving her body closer to the end of her seat with a interesting smile.

"Nothing. It was a bust." She answered, raising her eyebrows as Adelaine's eyes widened to this new information. If this was the same thing, Avonlea would loose so much money.

"Have you told father?" This time it was Diana the one who spoke with a frown on her face, concern written over her voice because of her worry over her father.

"Oh... He's never taken kindly my advice." Josephine said, chuckling softly while she shook her head.

Adelaine's mind zoomed off the conversation, as she repeated over and over again the name of the town Jo had mentioned. She was completely sure she had heard it somewhere before, yet she didn't know when or why. She had never came to Canada before, so she was certain it wasn't from a family vacation, and if she didn't remember wrong, her father had never came here before.