| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓: 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 |
𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐔𝐄 𝐌𝐈𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

"𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄'𝐒 nowhere to be found?" Adelaine questioned tiredly, crossing her arms over her chest as she stared at Sam that was sitting in front of her

She watched her sister nod once before groaning frustrated and standing up from her seat at the table. She had missed school today since Sam wanted to discuss with her once again the whole fire and Frederick situation. It was something that she was starting to grow tired of since the one thing she wanted to do was move on from it and stop thinking about it. It was becoming torturous, the constant flashbacks of that night replaying over and over inside of her mind. She knew Sam was just trying to help but she couldn't do this anymore.

"Dela... Are you completely sure that it was Frederick the one-?"

"I told you a thousand times! Yes!" She snapped, cutting Sam's sentence in half while massaging her temples softly to try and calm herself. "I'm not going to go through this again."

Adelaine turned around, walking out of the kitchen and heading towards the stairs. She could hear Sam's voice calling for her while following her close behind, but she couldn't care less at that moment. She was tired of having the same conversation every time Sam and her shared a moment together.

She placed her hand over the wooden rail, ready to run towards her room and lock herself there, but she was stopped by Sam's hand placing softly over her shoulder. Adelaine turned around with a sigh to find her sister looking at her with a pleading expression.

"I'm sorry." Sam said with a sigh as Adelaine faced her completely, crossing her arms over her chest to hear her sister's explanation. "I promi-"

"Don't." She cut her instantly, her shoulders tensing at her sister's attempt to make her a promise. "Don't do it."

Sam swallowed loudly, shaking her head slightly while her eyes fixated on the floor yet, before she could say anything, the noise of someone knocking the front door caused the two of them to turn towards it with a confused frown on their faces. Sam was the one who headed to open the door, while Adelaine started once again her way upstairs, yet she stopped on her tracks when she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

"Adelaine!"

The brunette turned around, staring at the end of the stairs with a confused expression, to find Anne standing there completely out of breath. Worry instantly took over Adelaine at her best friend's demeanor, not understanding the reason to her behavior.

"Anne, what are you doing here?"Adelaine asked with a frown, walking down the steps she had just walked to reach her Anne, who also ran towards her encounter.

The red haired girl greeted her with a strong hug, sliding her arms behind Adelaine's neck and pulling her softly towards her. Adelaine was shocked at her sudden reaction but, nevertheless, she hugged her back, as the frown on her face deepened widely. From the corner of her eyes, she watched Sam, that was standing a few feet away from the two teenagers and seemed as confused as her.