| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 |
𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐓

Dear Adelaine,                  I'm sitting on my kitchen table and I can't stop staring at the spot were I kissed you for the first time, and it makes me feel guilty

Dear Adelaine,
                  I'm sitting on my kitchen table and I can't stop staring at the spot were I kissed you for the first time, and it makes me feel guilty.
                 I'm a coward, and even if I know that I should be telling you this in person, I don't think I would be able to. So I'm taking the easy way, and I'm writing this letter, for you and you only.
                I'm sorry that things have to be this way Addie, but I hope that you understand, that I can't stay here in Avonlea anymore. This four days had been an excruciating torment since everywhere I go has a reminder of all the things I've lost. I feel trapped in a cage, and I can't be the guy you deserve this way, and I refuse to give you less than that.
               I'm leaving today. I'm going to be working on a steam boat, with the goal of seeing the world, and maybe finding my true path in life. I don't know when I'll be back, or if I ever will come back, but just remember that a small part of me, will always be attached to you.
              I'm truly sorry, and I hope someday we'll see each other again to continue our story, if you'd like.
                                                   With love,
                                                   Gilbert.

𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐃𝐋𝐘, as she eyed the paper she had on her hands, analyzing every inch of it. It was something that slowly became a part of her routine. Every morning she would wake up and stare at the drawer she had saved the letter until she couldn't resist anymore and would walk towards it with the hope that maybe, just maybe the words written on it would change.

It was stupid from her. The words weren't going to change. She knew the letter by heart, and she recite it without even reading it. She knew better than to sit on a desk and wait for things to be different when they wouldn't.

Yet again, Adelaine wasn't the same person she was a year and half ago, when she moved to Avonlea. If someone went back to the past to tell her that in some time she would be sitting at her room in a small town, whipping over some boy, her first reaction would be a huge laugh.

She needed to control her emotions. She needed to forget about Gilbert Blythe and his sly smile and hazel eyes. She was happy, she had her friends, Sam, even Ethan was back into her life now. There was no use in being masochistic, he wasn't coming back after all.

Or he may.

Ruby's words crossed her mind. Did she want to write him a letter? Or else, did she want to convince him to come back? Because she wasn't so sure of that last one. Even though she knew telling him about the gold conundrum was the right thing to do, why did it had to be her? There were many people who cared about him, why can't they write him that stupid letter? And what would she write?
Those were a small part of the questions that haunted Adelaine every second.