| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍: 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄 |

| 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 |
𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄

"𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇?" Adelaine asked with a huge smile as she separated herself from Anne's tight hug

She looked at her expectingly as she saw her face illuminate because of the chosen subject of conversation.

"Oh it was lovely." Anne told her as she linked their arms together and leaded the way towards the crossroad where they always met Diana. "Matthew taught me how to swim! Can you believe that?!" She exclaimed with that dramatic tone of hers, Adelaine laughing at it as she shook her head. "I wish you had came, though. It's regretful you couldn't make it."

Adelaine shrugged at this, not giving it too much importance since she didn't want Anne to be sad about something they didn't have a say in.

"You know how it works, Anne. Duty called. But I'm enormously happy that you enjoyed yourself." She said, bumping her hips with her playfully.

The truth was, Samantha had taken Adelaine once again to the hospital so she could help with the basics. Her older sister couldn't be more excited about Dela showing interest in medicine, since it was something she knew she would succeed in, yet Adelaine wasn't so sure if she was what she wanted to do with her future. Yes, she had been going at least one day per week but she wasn't doing it because she liked it.

She needed to keep herself busy, or the picture of a curled boy with hazel eyes would appear instantly on her mind, and she couldn't take that excruciating torment anymore. She has told Anne and Sam she was completely fine with his departure but she wasn't. Every time someone would say his name, or she looked to his old house in the distance, her heart would hurt like never before.

"Are you even listening to me?" Anne's voice dragged Adelaine out of the hurricane of thoughts she was trapped in. She turned her head to look at Anne with disbelief written over her face.

Adelaine sighed, shaking her head softly as she kicked a small rock with her boot.

"I'm sorry, I swear I'm listening now." She apologized, smiling softly at the red haired girl who she had spent most of her time with this last couple of months.

"What's going on with you, Dela? You're barely around anymore, and when you are it's like you're not even here." She asked, concern laced in her voice as she stopped walking to face the brunette completely.

"Nothing, I'm fine, really." She said, placing a hand over Anne's shoulder and squeezing it gently. "Now lets go because if we're late Diana will kill us." She grabbed Anne's hand, dragging her through the forest at a fast pace.

Winter was finally gone, spring making its way around Avonlea. The birds were back, singing loudly through the green forest that was filled with flowers of all colors. If she thought winter gave Avonlea an angelical aura, spring brought life to it.